Chapter 7

Volume 1: Incident of H City's Earth-born Fetus

Chapter 7 – Zhang Shun forgot about the dangers and unknowns. This icy kiss was all he could feel.

The glass door seemed like it was painted with the black ink of the night

The glass door seemed like it was painted with the black ink of the night. Zhou Yi stood in front of it in silence as if he was waiting for something. After a moment, he suddenly pushed it open and walked in.

"Chairman Chu? Ah, you're here. I was wondering where you went."

Zhou Yi turned around and saw Chu He standing in a corner, gasping lightly. His face was as ghastly as white paper under the moonlight. Upon further inspection, even his clothes seemed a bit disheveled.

"Why are you here?" Chu He asked.

Zhou Yi laughed, "That's a strange question. This restaurant is so famous in H City that I don't see any reason why you can be here but I can't. Well, speaking of the restaurant, their braised lobster is pretty good. It's just that I was in a hurry and didn't really taste it..."

Chu He said, "Then you can continue enjoying it. I have to leave for now." He tried to walk around him to head outside, but just as he brushed past Zhou Yi, the latter suddenly caught his wrist.

"Chairman Chu," Zhou Yi said, smiling from ear to ear. "Your tie is crooked."

He reached out and helped Chu He fix his tie, his movement so slow and attentive that it almost seemed a little affectionate. Were they not in the wrong place at the wrong time, two people standing like this would have looked as intimate as a couple deeply in love.

"...Are you done yet?" Chu He asked.

Zhou Yi took a step back to appreciate the result of his work: "There's no hurry."

He then reached out again to help Chu He straighten up his collar, smoothing away even the most subtle crease as gently and considerately as if he was running his hands over a maiden's skin. After a while, he finally finished and looked up with a smile, "Every encounter is the work of fate. It's such a fine night tonight. Why don't you stay a little longer? We can talk about life."

"..." Chu He turned around and left at once.

Zhou Yi didn't stop him. He just watched with a smile on his face. Chu He had almost walked out of the garden when he suddenly froze —— A transparent wall had risen quietly before him! If it weren't for the blue currents streaking occasionally across its surface, one probably wouldn't have noticed it in the dark!

"What do you mean by this, Mr. Zhou?"

Zhou Yi was still wearing that laid-back expression. "Nothing. I just want to tell you that there has yet to be a person who can come and go as they wish before me."

"What a coincidence!" Chu He showed no anger. In fact, he even laughed, "There has yet to be a person in this world who can make me stay or leave according to their will. Why don't you try to be the first one today?"