Chapter 10

Volume 1: Incident of H City's Earth-born Fetus

Chapter 10 — The Fox-spirit stated coquettishly, "I'm just the rumoured mistress~"

As the king of kids, Zhang Shun had been throwing bricks around in group fights and cursing with snot dripping from his nose ever since childhood

As the king of kids, Zhang Shun had been throwing bricks around in group fights and cursing with snot dripping from his nose ever since childhood. If Li Hu hadn't try to stop him with all her might, he would have definitely beaten Zhou Hui up for good.

"How can people like him possibly be my brother's friend?!" Burning with a frenzy of rage, Zhang Shun pointed his finger at the so-called Director Zhou of the National Security Bureau, "Not a single word out of his mouth is serious. He just saw dead people, yet this is how he reacts. Where in the hell does he look like he can get along with my brother?!"

Li Hu complained helplessly, "Boss, you've now successfully ruined your magnificent image in the boy's heart... Can you at least be more careful?"

Zhou Hui asked in surprise, "When do I ever have a magnificent image?!"

It left everyone speechless. Suddenly, they saw him slowly pulling a smile, a smile that very much made people want to take off their shoes and throw it at his face. "However... Even if I'm an idiot, you still have to listen to me. That's just how badass I am."

For a moment, the place was dead silent. No one talked.

Everyone showed a rather indescribable expression on their faces.

"Don't say I didn't teach you this." Zhou Hui seemed to be very proud of himself. He lit another cigarette. Pointing to those coffins, he explained, "I've seen these before. They're called the Seven Laughing Coffins, some very wicked stuff. To make the Seven Laughing Coffins, one needs to kill seven grown men born in a specific time and date with very cruel methods, then use special ways to make the corpses laugh. In the end, they seal the bodies into coffins stuffed with cinnabar, sulfur, lead, mercury and other alchemy ingredients and bury them at a place that is deficient of Yin. This way, the resentment born out of these corpses would be extremely strong. As for the corpses themselves, they are food for the 'underground one'..."

The captain of the investigation detachment laughed out loud, "Director Zhou, I didn't know that you leaders from the capital are quite superstitious. The underground one? What's underground?"

Mayor Huang, however, was terrified after hearing it. He immediately raised his hand and gave the captain a heavy slap on the back. "Old Wang! You poor soul! Is that how you talk to your supervisor?!"

Zhou Hui replied with a smile. He didn't keep them guessing for long, though it was unclear whether the reason behind it was because he thought it not worth doing or he was really in hurry.

"This is a Yin-deficient piece of land." He said, "A kind of place that has always been unsuitable for living since ancient times. But at the same time, it gives birth to many extraordinary things. Taisui was the most commonly known one. In old times, there was legend that eating Taisui could grant people immortality. In fact, those were just lies. Just like the Seven Laughing Coffins, Taisui is a type of food for the creatures living deeper down. The only difference is that the latter is formed naturally while the former is manufactured by humans."