Chapter 7: City Escape

Y/N sits in the infirmary beside Dio reading an article on a new organization forming calling themselves Phantom Thieves

Y/N: What a load of bullshit. Stealing hearts? Distorted desires? Must be a concept for a manga or something.

Y/N rambles on for a bit longer when he notices that the one with pink hair is awake and staring Y/N down.

Y/N: Let me take a guess here, you're next line is "Meet me at the rooftops after school" Isn't it?

Diavolo: Meet me at the rooftops after school. Huh!? How did you do that?

Y/N: A trick my old man taught me. And I'll be seeing you there.

Diavolo gets up and leaves the room once the conversation ends leaving Y/N there with his team and 3 of CRIM's members. Y/N leaves the room soon after the pink haired woman and heads out to the city to take his mind off of things.

-time skip to city-

Y/N: Jesus it's packed here. So much for clearing my head.

Y/N walks around the city until he ends up at a cafe called LeBlanc Cafe and walks inside.

Y/N: Hello? Anybody here?

A man walks out from a section Y/N assumes is the kitchen area and greets Y/N

???: Hello there, my name is Sojiro. What can I get for you?

Y/N: A coffee please.

Sojiro: Any preference on the type?

Y/N: Surprise me

Sojiro starts to make the cup as Y/N sits down at one of the booths

Sojiro: So what brings you in here today?

Y/N: Just in the mood for an escape from everything I guess. That and a fight drained my energy.

Sojiro: I see, you're not a delinquent are you?

Y/N: No it was a team versus team battle for school

Sojiro: They make you fight in school these days?

Y/N: Sorta. It's safe though, once someone's aura is depleted they have to stop fighting and step off the stage.

Sojiro: Good thing I didn't send the kid to Beacon.

Y/N: You have a kid?

Sojiro: Me? No. I take care of someone I know's kid. He's got a criminal record.

Y/N: A criminal record? What'd he do?

Sojiro: He went up against someone wired into the system by standing up for what's right and got taken down instead. That's the type of world we live in now, corrupt cops and people with egos through the roof. Sorry, I'm rambling off on another tangent.

Y/N: It's alright. I'm told that older people have a lot more knowledge of the world.

Sojiro: Is that so? Are you calling me old?

Y/N: Well you don't look like a high school student now do you?

Sojiro: Fair point there. You still don't have to make me feel ancient.

Y/N: It's not like you're 60 or something. You got a lot of life left.

Sojiro hands Y/N the completed cup of coffee and then lights a cigarette.

Sojiro: That doesn't help at all. You're too young to understand how I'm feeling.

Y/N: I guess so, but maybe that's not a bad thing.

Sojiro: Just remember to plan your life out before you finish school or you'll be left behind by society. It's cruel that way.

Y/N: As long as the hunter gig stays intact I'll be set for life.

Y/N takes a few sips of the coffee and is at a loss for words due to the intense flavor of it.

Y/N: This coffee is amazing! How did you do it?

Sojiro: If I told everyone how I make my coffee then nobody would come here now, would they?

Y/N sighs knowing he's defeated.

Y/N: That is true. It's still very incredible!

Sojiro: Thank you. I tend to make it to suit each individual.

Y/N: What do you mean by that?

Sojiro: I make the coffee by how I think the customer will be 100% satisfied by it. Call me crazy all you want but it works.

Y/N: No kidding, this is amazing.

Y/N finishes the cup and takes a look at the time.

Y/N: Jeez it's been that long already? I'm going to need to head back soon.

Sojiro: Sorry about making you spend so much time here. I tend to ramble on too much.

Y/N: I am completely fine with it sir. I think I'll start coming by more often for the amazing coffee.

Sojiro: I'm glad to hear that, kid. See you later.

Y/N: Goodbye Sojiro.

Y/N heads out of the cafe and in the direction of the school hoping to make it back before the sun goes down.

-time skip to Beacon Academy-

Y/N arrives to the gate and is glad to see the sun still hanging on for a while longer.

Y/N: Good thing I made it or Ozpin would get on my case.

Y/N walks into the building and makes his way to the roof of the school to meet the pink haired girl.

Diavolo: So you actually decided to show up.

Y/N: What makes you think I wouldn't?

Diavolo: Oh definitely not the fact that the sun is almost set already.

Y/N: Do you know how far away the city is from Beacon? I had to walk the entire way.

Diavolo: You didn't run or take a bus?

Y/N: If I ran I'd look suspicious and waste too much energy over nothing. Plus the buses don't go anywhere near here.

Diavolo: Anyways, the reason I called you here is to ask you something important.

Y/N: Define important.

Diavolo: Important as in the fate of the entire school type of important.

Y/N: That does sound pretty important. So what is it?

Diavolo: There's a reason our team wanted to fight you. We were testing you.

Y/N: Testing us? Why?

Diavolo: Someone is trying to destroy Beacon from inside and when all hell breaks loose we want your team to fight alongside us to protect the school.