Chapter 10: Memento Mori

The man dressed oddly stands in front of Y/N.

???: How did you--

He cuts himself off while looking at Y/N.

???: I didn't think you would be able to enter here.

Y/N: Huh? What is all this?

???: Don't worry about anything this place is or resembles. Just focus on leaving.

Y/N: Listen, I don't know who you think you're talking to but, I'm not some pushover. Explain what all this is.

A gunshot is heard from behind Y/N.

???: Didn't expect the entrance so soon, Crow.

Crow: Shut it Joker, that was my only warning shot for this guy. Who even is he?

Joker: Somebody from LeBlanc. And that's no way to talk to your honey~

Crow: Oh would you like me to treat you like a prince again?

Joker: H-hey! Not in front of a stranger like that.

Crow: I'm only joking hun. You still up for pancakes later?

???: We leave for one second and you two are already all over each other, sheesh.

Y/N looks towards the new voice and sees a man in clothes that are dark and grey with a mask resembling a skull. Besides the skull masked man stood a woman wearing a tight red suit with a panther mask. 

Joker: We are not all over each other. We are having a casual conversation.

Y/N tries to back away before a bullet goes past his head. Y/N looks at the gun the almost shot him. It was Crow standing there pointing his gun past Y/N's head while still looking towards the costumed group.

???: Listen, we don't have time to mess around with this new guy you dragged in Joker. We don't have all night in mementos.

Joker: You're right skull. Let's get him out of here and get on with out day. We need to hit all the targets before we run out of time.

The group grab Y/N and drag him out of mementos. Y/N goes back to a few moments after he left.

Dio: Is anyone even paying attention to me?

The silence afterwards confirms that while Y/N was gone everyone tuned out Dio.

Dio: Y/N, you can at least take my side right?

Y/N: And what was your side again?

Jotaro: Yare yare daze, not even you were listening to the argument.

Dio pouts with her arms crossed. Y/N sits confused what to do.

Kira: I think this is what many people refer to as a 'tsundere'.

Dio's face turns light red to which she quickly hides it behind her hands.

Jotaro: I think we've spent enough time here already, it's been like half an hour or so.

Jotaro got up and left the cafe without another word. We all sighed and followed him out.

Dio: So what should we do now? We've still got all this time before we have to go back to classes.

A yell was heard coming from the docks.

???: Catch that thief!!

A monkey faunus could be seen running away from the man who yelled.

Monkey Faunus: Thanks for the ride, but I gotta go, See ya later loser!

The monkey Faunus escapes from sight and disappears into the semi-dark alleyway.

Kira: Well that's certainly something you wouldn't see every day.

Dio: Certainly not a normal occurrence for sure.

Jotaro: We should probably head back and train. You'll never know when we get called into another team battle.

Team RWBY appears from behind them. Weiss seems especially psyched up for something

Weiss: Actuallyyyyy there is! The Vytal Festival. All the school come together to have a tournament. The organization alone is something to drool over.

Y/N: Sounds pretty nerdy to me, but the tournament and fighting part sounds promising.

Kira: How does it work? I doubt it'll be free for all.

Weiss: You go in with your team. 4v4 until one team's entire aura is depleted.

Jotaro: So all we have to do is get close enough to beat the shit out of 'em. That'll deplete it fast.

Ruby: You can make anything sound boring Weiss.

Y/N spaces out as Team RWBY discusses the Vytal Festival and keeps walking with his team back to just outside the school.

Kira: Y/N, are you alright?

Y/N: Huh?

Kira: You seem off today. Is everything alright?

Y/N: Yeah, just thinking about stuff is all. No need to worry.

Dio and Jotaro position themselves about 7 meters apart before instantly clashing with stand rushes

Dio: I'll win this time, JOTARO!

Jotaro: Maybe in your dreams. Let me send you back to them.

Kira: It seems rivalry between Dio and Jotaro is still in full swing...

Y/N: Then how about we have some fun with it? I'm jumping in!

Y/N and Robot Rock run over then the world is encapsulated in a distorted color scheme.

Y/N: Robot Rock, Freeze Time!

Jotaro and Dio step into stopped time and a free for all happens within it.

Jotaro: ORA!

Star Platinum lands a heavy hit into Y/N's stomach sending him flying back before he freezes like the rest of Remnant.

Dio: Sending the kid to bed early? Looks like we get to have our battle privately then, Jotaro.

Jotaro: Shut up, you're loud and annoying. Let's get this over with.

Star Platinum extends its finger to strike The World in the left shoulder. The World responds quickly with throwing knives into Star Platinum's hand

Dio: You've grown slower since our last battle

Jotaro: I'll still beat your skull in like last time too!

They exchange rush attacks with their respective stand screams

SP: ORA ORA ORA

TW: MUDA MUDA MUDA

Time resumes slowly as Y/N hits the floor on his ass seeing Jotaro and Dio standing still with scratches and all kinds of dirt on their clothing.

Y/N: Should've let me have a couple blows at least!

Jotaro: We're done here. I'm going off to train for the festival.

Dio: As much as I'd love to stay, Jotaro is correct, the festival is coming very soon and who knows what other stand users will appear. I'll see you tonight Y/N~

Y/N: What are you talking about Dio?

Dio time skips out of sight as well as Jotaro leaving Kira and Y/N alone in the field.

Y/N: Kira, was that what people call flirting?

Kira has a dumbfounded look before responding

Kira: Did you seriously not realize that she's totally into you?

Y/N: WHAT?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Stands and Personas in this universe act like semblances so people can see and hit them. Stand users can also have semblances. However normal people or other stand/persona users can't see or move in stopped time unless they have time stop capabilities.