Chapter 3

Morning practices were always quite the swim team was on the other side of campus practicing, tennis with them. Nobody was behind the football field but us. Well until the boys lost the game last week. I know Asher is blaming it all on Spencer and Jordan is still trying to win back everyone in sight. Our practice is only an hour the boys have two hours before school and three after while ours is two after. They work really hard and it's sucks that they don't push themselves.

      "Alexis's group basket toss." Coach C said. I am center flyer I know stereotypical. We loaded up and pushed a toe touch. "Rachel go." All the flyers went and then we did extensions and half ups our basic skills. "Okay morning practice is over I'll see you guys at three." "Bye coach." I grabbed my cheer bag stuffing my hoodie in it pulling the bag on my shoulder. "Good practice?" Olivia said from the bleacher. "Ah! Bitch what'd I say about scaring me." "Sorry... my car has been taken away so I had to ride with my dad and he made me stay here until the library opened." "A shame it's closed today." I laughed. "Want to come with me and get coffee?" "Yeah anything than be here another hour." I laughed. "You gunna change?" "No I might put a shirt on but it's very questionable." She laughed as I looked down at my practice uniform which is a Beverly sports bra and Nike pros. "Come on I parked on the other side." I said walking across the track. Olivia waved at her dad holding her phone meaning she'd text him.

      I drove us to the local coffee shop getting both of us large ice coffees. I had put on a hoodie because Liv wouldn't allow me out of the car without it. "Put it on." "Okay!" When we got back to campus I got in the backseat of my Range Rover and put ripped jeans on and a black off the shoulder top. "Throw me my shoes." "Who fully gets dressed in their car like this." "Me I hate walking into the locker room at this time it's just the bitches waiting on the football players." "You are correct." "Okay let's go." I said opening the side door walking to the trunk to grab my school bag and put my clothes in my cheer bag. "Another day another..." "reason to be annoyed." We both laughed and then walked towards the halls.

       I was walking towards third period, American history when I got the text from Asher of Spencer fumbling a forty. I was irritated because one Spencer is really nice and good at football and two Asher I suppose to help his teammate. Maybe boys aren't the same as girls. I saw Spencer getting ready to square up with Asher so I ran up to him. "Hey. Hey." "Lexi I got something I gotta handle." "Yo Spence, one fight and principal Landon kicks you out for good." "Ain't I suppose to stand up for myself they been pulling stuff like this all week." "Spencer Asher's not worth it. Trust me if you are going to fight make it someone good." "Or don't do it at all. It's them being them they do it to everyone even me. It's not personal." "They made a meme about daddy's boy not getting fucked it's not the same thing. I get it Spencer but don't push it." "I get you'd see it that way J but they made a meme of me fumbling a 40. But yeah not personal, those are your people. I'll see you at lunch Lex." I nodded as he walked away. "Will you please talk to me." I shook my head no. "Please Alexis something you think it's easy for me to see you walking around in your cheer outfits and not want to be with you." "Jordan everything isn't about you. My main focus is Olivia and cheer right now. She's finally okay and I'm fully sober I don't think a boyfriend is okay right now." "What about what we had." "What we had cause us to not notice your sister on the couch unconscious. I'm out I'll see you around." I said walking to class.

     After school practice was how it usually is Olivia was waiting on the boys and me to get done she wasn't allowed to leave coach baker said so. So I told her I would stay after mine. I put on a cheer shirt and changed into my Nike slides before climbing onto the bleachers where she was. "Hey." "Hey. You missed Asher and my brother fight, which was caused by Asher tackling Spencer." "A shame." "How was practice?" "I got a new stunt group and fell on my face from a full." "Damn are you okay." "Yeah I'm fine." We watched the boys practice I did some geometry homework and American history. Olivia did trigonometry homework, she is so smart. "So Jordan keeps talking about you." "About what?" "About our friendship and like when you are coming over is something going on with you guys." "No, nothing after the kiss after the first game of the season." "Okay... just know I'm okay with you guys dating if anything you are better than any girl he could get with." "I know you tell me a lot. But I don't want your brother to ruin our friendship if it doesn't end up well." "It could never." "It could I mean think about it, the Asher thing and Leila, you had to walk away. I don't want to walk away from you when we are both doing so good." "Yeah I guess you are right." She said nodding closing her book.