Chapter 15

Alexis Nunez
Lack of parents in your life can make you or destroy you. But we make up that choice for ourselves. Some take that energy and become great, even better than what they know of their parent. That's where Spencer and I bonded, lack of parents. He never had his dad in his life, and both of mine left me with nannies at the age of seven. Looking back on it now, I could've been the broken girl way worse then I was when I wanted any attention I could get. But that didn't work out either way. I changed my anger into passion and love not for them but me. But other people take it in other ways.

"Are you sure you have to go?" I asked my parents who packed up the boys luggage. "Yes mija, New York is going to be fine for the boys. The Suburban areas are nice they will be fine." "Why can't I go?" "Mija you are established in Beverly one more year of high school then off to college you don't need to worry about us or the boys. We will even let Daniela stay to take care of you if you want." "Yeah sure." I should be used to them being gone by now but now my brothers won't be home anymore, I had maybe a couple months with them. "You can visit for Christmas and spring break mi vida." "Okay mami." "I'll call you when we land." "Yup." I kissed both of my parents goodbye as they packed up the car. The twins were saying their goodbyes to Daniela. "Adios Andreas. Be good okay, call me as often as you want no matter the time." "Yes mana I love you." "I love you mijo." "Mana i don't want to go." Adrian whined hugging me. "I know amor but you have to, be good for mami and papi okay." "Okay. I love you." "I love you amore." I walked them outside to the car. The four got into it waving us farewell. "So now that it's just you and me, come to my game tomorrow." "Of course. We are sisters now, I'm not leaving you." "Thanks D." I hugged her running upstairs to finish my homework.

       The last playoff game before the state championship game. Daniela helped me get ready, Olivia has been with her boyfriend a lot. And it was understandable I hung out with Jordan a lot too until playoffs took a full swing. I did my makeup while Dani curled my hair, after I changed into my uniform and headed to the school. "I'll see you there." "Yea." I smiled driving myself to the field. I headed to the gym to warm up with my team. For once I was not the first one to show. "Captain is here." "Shut up Tina." I laughed. Tina and I have grown up through cheer together she was a close friend you could say. We stretched out together pulling heal stretches and needles. Coach called the team outside to set up our bags and poms to line up.

          "Now introducing your Beverly high eagles!" The announcer yelled as the boys ran out. The cheerleaders went to the sideline watching and cheering. Spencer and Jordan had amazing passes and catches. We were up by halftime but it was a close game. We did our halftime routine with no busts and we were very proud since we were moving into competition season and basketball season soon after playoffs. The game ended with Beverly up twenty-seven to twenty-one.

         I heard the boys locker room yelling from just standing on the outside by the doors. "Who's next! South Crenshaw!" I heard them yell before Coach Baker gave his speech. The boys came out of the locker room in different attire. "Hey." "Hey baby." Jordan gave me a kiss holding my bag. "I got it don't stress." "Okay. You did really good Jordan. If I knew a lot more about football I would definitely talk about it." "I know mamas but that's okay. You have other ways of making it up to me." He beamed looking down at me. "Okay one, always call me that. It was cute. And two, I can and will after we get food. No one is home anymore, we'll besides Daniela." "I'm sorry Lex, why didn't you tell me?" "I knew you had training I didn't want to disrupt with my problems." "Never ever say that." I nodded hugging him before opening the trunk of my car. "Alexis, you did so so good!" I heard Daniela's voice. When I looked her and her boyfriend had parked next to me. "Thank you. I'll be home soon, we are getting food." "Don't stress, we have dinner with his parents so house is all yours, I won't be home till tomorrow." I nodded hugging her and him goodbye. "So the spot?" "Yeah. That's perfect." I Thew on a oversized hoodie over my uniform driving us a couple blocks over to the restaurant.