Chapter 5

Alexis Nunez
We didn't have early morning practice this week so I went to the Baker's house for breakfast. I did my makeup and got dressed in ripped jeans, a green top and white airforces. I drove down the street parking in the driveway behind Olivia's car.

"Morning." I said walking in the house. Jordan was the only one downstairs. "Hey Lexi." He said grabbing a bowl. "Hey, where is Liv?" "Our for a run, Spencer is upstairs." I nodded grabbing the orange juice container and a cup. The front door opened and the sound of the stairs creaked i heard Spencer and Olivia talking. Spencer walked into the kitchen as I sat next to Jordan on a barstool. "Hey something wrong with Olivia?" "Nothing what'd she tell you?" "Nothing she's it's acting strange. Looking at me like, like how you looking at me right now." "Don't worry about it they do this once a week." I told Spencer but he didn't give up. "Morning. Did you get pancakes Spencer, Lex?" "No I'm okay." "No ma'am I already ate. Moms homemade corn muffins." "Let me get one." "Nah mama only makes these one time a year." "Spencer is today your birthday?" I asked. "It's not that big of a deal." "We have to celebrate." Mrs. Baker spoke. Spencer shook his head no, he didn't want a party but once Laura has an idea she runs with it. "It won't really be a party, good-bye." "Bye mom." "Bye Mrs. Baker." She walked out the house leaving me with the boys.

"Come on I'll give you a ride." "I'm blocking Olivia but good try J. I'll see you guys at school." I said grabbing my keys walking out the door. I drove to school stopping to get a coffee. At school I got through two periods before seeing Spencer he was talking to Leila. So I decided not to bother them. I was turning to walk up the stairs. "Ah. Olivia what are you doing." "You know you aren't allowed to be jealous of Leila talking to your brother, right?" "That's what this is about." "I'm not jealous and stop calling him that." "Alexis do you think she is." "No she just likes him, Jordan you dropped a big thing in Liv's life." "See thank you." "Okay I gotta go have fun fighting." I said walking up the stairs going to biology.

Jordan
I need your help with history homework will you come over tonight
Alexis
Yeah I guess I'll see you after cheer
Jordan
Okay see you then
Read 1:35pm

Is Jordan even taking history this term? Whatever. I had one more class before school was over and a thirty minute break before cheer practice started. After school I sat in the library doing my biology homework. "Lexster! What you doing in here?" "Homework JJ What are you doing in here I didn't know you knew the library." "Oh this girl I'm talking to is a total nerd, she's over there I'll see you later Lex." He said walking to a different table. I finished my homework before practice started. We did stunts and practiced our halftime routine. I threw on a Beverly hoodie over my spandex and sports bra. I texted Jordan I was on my way.

"Hey Lex?" "Hey is Jordan home he said he need help with homework." She nodded opening the door pointing upstairs. I went to his room sitting at the desk. "Thanks Lex I appreciate it." "Yeah you know I asked Asher, he said you didn't have history this term." "Oh um yeah I don't but..." "you got nothing huh?" "No I was going to invite you to Spencer's party." "Your mom already did." We walked downstairs and Olivia came in. "I got a home address for the trust account." "Is it Spencer's?" "No. But we got It and want answers." "Alexis please help us with this." I rolled my eyes grabbing his keys throwing it at him. I sat in the back, Jordan drove and Olivia was in the passenger seat.

We pulled up to a house and Jordan reached back grabbing a box of candy. "Why do you have a box of candy." Olivia asked. "We need a reason to knock on the door." I rolled my eyes at Jordan's reasoning. They got out walking to the door I was slower since I had to climb out over the car in his mustang. "Since your daddy was born." Was all I heard when I got to where they were standing. "These two are my grandkids." The man let us inside the house. "Grandpa this is Alexis a friend of ours." Jordan introduced me. "Pretty girl how are you." "I'm good thank you." I smiled at the man.