My name is...

"Tch... What the Hell am I even doing here? I can't read for shit. What's the big deal about school anyways? Well... Whatever."

A hooded male was making his way towards the entrance of the large building. Carrying his bag over his shoulder. Slouching slightly as he walked. His mismatched eyes scanning the halls until he stopped in front of his locker. He didn't even care about school rules or wearing the proper shoes in the building but he wasn't in the mood to get fussed at for disobeying school dress code.

Still, if they complained about his uniform not being buttoned up, he'd give them an earful.

Once he had changed shoes, he started walking his way towards class. Though due to the fact he wouldn't attend often, he felt a sense of unwelcome as he passed other kids in the hall. Putting him on edge.

Rachel was already at her locker, having been a very studious young lady that cared about education. She grabbed her bag. Slipping on a different set of shoes before heading towards her class. There were times she would watch as couples would walk together. Holding hands or sharing a bento. It made her both jealous and bitter. Jealous because she wanted something like that too. But didn't understand it. And thanks to her parents and how terrible they were to her and one another, Rachel slowly descended into madness. Thinking that if she can't find love of some sort...She'd take it for herself.

Yet no one had really caught her attention.

That was... Until Isaac Foster came into view and captivated her senses. The sight of his mismatched eyes and bandages caused her to feel curious to know more about him. She could tell just from starting he was a man of a heavy story. Like her. And maybe... Just maybe...

They can understand each other.

Rachel felt her face warm up at the sight. Their eyes meeting for the split second he had walked past. But her heart sank a little as she saw a girl approach him. Her dream crushed just in mere seconds. There was no way she could talk to him now... Right?

Looking away, she turned back to her locker. Trying not to think about it.

"Zacky~~~"

He wasn't uneasy but was now put into a state of silent annoyance as the big breasts collided with his face.The voluptuous red head bounced up and down. Nearly suffocating him. The girl that nearly killed him that morning was one of the most popular girls in the school. Wanda Baker. Who had decided to claim Zack as her boyfriend for reasons even he didn't understand. Though despite that fact, Zack never reciprocated. Often visibly annoyed by her antics. Zack looked at her irritated and turned his head. Trying to ignore the girl that he called... Sadly, his girlfriend. It was against his will. He didn't want her. He hated her. But Wanda manipulated him into agreeing to it. He wasn't even sure how it worked but he just decided to go along with it regardless.

He'd dump her right then and there but he knew she'd use her charm to try and get him kicked out. Which had been the last thing he wanted. Taking care of Gramps was his top priority. And if getting a good education would do it then he'd at least give it a shot. Zack let out a frustrated sigh.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just go to class." Wanda looked at him with a forced smile. Clinging to his arm as they went off to B-5. The same direction Rachel had to go.

Rachel swallowed the forming lump in her throat. Since she was a transfer student, a lot of faces were unfamiliar to her. Unfriendly even. She kept her head low as she stepped through the door. But as she entered she saw Wanda sitting on top of the bandaged boy's desk. Lifting him up by the chin as he looked at her annoyed. Despite the strange atmosphere, the sight still made her feel queasy. She quickly brushed it off however. Finding her seat and taking a book out to get some reading time in before the teacher had stepped in.

"Good morning, class!"

The students greeted him in return. All standing up to bow in unison before taking their seats again. Once everyone sat, Daniel looked at Rachel. "Ah. That's right! Class, it seems we have a new transfer student. Come up and introduce yourself, please!"

Rachel nodded weakly. Standing and walking to the front. Unable to meet the watchful eyes that bore into her.

"...Um. My name is Rachel Gardner. I'm very pleased to meet you all. Please, take care of me." She bowed politely to them. A few whispers could be heard. Talking about how awkward and disingenuous she sounded. Zack couldn't help but feel a bit annoyed by all of it. Everyone's negativity causing him to feel equally uncomfortable.

"Hey. Shut the fuck up. She's new." He spoke out angrily. Which caused Wanda to turn around from the desk in front of him.

"Ah, Ah, Zacky. Let the girl fight her own battles.~" She pressed a finger to his lips. Zack gritted his teeth. Really pissed off before letting out a defeated huff. He sat back. Shutting his mouth as he crossed his arms. Rachel saw the whole thing unfold before turning her attention back to Mr. Dickens. Who gave her a soft smile. The friendliest face she'd seen that whole day.

"It's nice to meet you, Rachel, you may go have a seat now."

She nodded. Going back to her seat. Allowing Danny to start the lesson soon. First taking attendance and having everyone else do roll call. He went down the line up until he got to Zack.

"Isaac Foster?"

No response.

"Isaac Foster."

Zack gritted his teeth. He didn't want to answer. Even though Danny's eyes were locked on him from across the room. Awaiting a reply.

"Isaac, are we going to have trouble again today? I really don't want to have to-"

Zack cut him off loudly. "HERE, DAMMIT!"

The kids all bursted out laughing. Causing Zack to grow more irritable by the moment. Wanda waggled her finger at him with a smile. Which caused his shoulders to slouch.

"You'll have to forgive Zack, Sir. His grandpa is really sick and he's been a bit more on edge lately!" She batted her eyelashes. Which caused Danny to sweat a bit. "I see. I'm sorry to hear that, Zack. But please keep yourself in line. Next time it will be a phone call to the office."

Zack let out a sigh.

"Yeah. I got it."

The rest of the classroom fell silent. Feeling a bit guilty. Although it was true about Zack's guardian. Being blind and old, Zack didn't like her reason for doing so. Knowing full well it was for her own gain somehow. She'd ask him for a favor in return or something of the like. Not because she actually cared.

Though, not that he cared anyways.

Rachel sat in silence. Feeling bad for Zack too. Something rubbed her the wrong way about the way Wanda went about it. It felt self indulgent in Rachel's mind. Rather than just wanting to help him out. She did her best to ignore it. Focusing on Danny's lesson before the bell to class soon rang. Indicating the end of class. He yelled to all the students on their way out about what chapter of the text would need to be read before next class. Though he stopped Rachel with a tap on the shoulder. Confused by that, she turned to face him.

Danny held her hands with a soft smile. "You'll have to forgive them Rachel. They're usually good kids. Zack is the only real trouble maker.

"Zack?" She thought to herself.

"So that was his name..."

She brushed it off with the shake of her head. "It's fine." Danny didn't let go for a while however. Which made her uncomfortable really quick. "You have very beautiful eyes, by the way. So dark and cold but I can tell there's a certain beauty to them!" He sounded cheerful soon inching closer to her face. Rachel finally got the message. Snapping herself from her daydreaming of Zack to pull away. "Ah. It's getting late. Sorry, Danny-Sensei, but I really need to go. I have to study in the library. Excuse me!" She pulled out of his grip to walk quickly away. Leaving Danny behind.

Rachel made her way to the library after the awkward moment between her and her homeroom teacher. Sitting down, she opened her book and began to read at one of the tables.

The Threads That Bind UsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara