Bitter

Rachel stopped as she reached her house. It was dark but the lights were  as bright and blaring as ever in her pale blue eyes.

"Where the fuck were you?"

Rachel froze up as her dad looked at her with eyes full of hatred. She felt a lump form in her throat as she tried to speak.

"...School."

Her father gritted his teeth. Glaring daggers at the petite blonde."Bullshit, Rachel. I work with detectives. I know a lying little cunt when I see one."Her mother began to yell as well. Hammering the unease into her further."We provide for you! Giving you a roof above your head and this is how you-"

Her father had cut the woman off. Punching her a few times while Rachel was still there to witness it all.Soon enough, she finally managed to gain back her numbed senses. Long enough to look away.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU WHORE, I'M TALKING!"

During their loud shouting match, they had forgotten to discipline her for being out so late. Far too focused on themselves and their fixation on making each other miserable.

Rachel having been a bystander, tried to remedy the situation but was met with a hard slap from her mother. After all was said and done, Rachel's mother sent her off to bed without dinner. Going back to yelling at her father.

She walked upstairs, flopping down on her bed. Burying her face in her pillow.

It's always going to be this way. I'll never be able to get out of this awful place…

She closed her eyes. Not bothering to get ready for bed. She doesn't sleep. She just laid down with her sore cheek against the pillow. Even the tears staining the the soft surface had made it sting.

The next day, Zack went his way towards school again. Though his neutral expression soon shifted as he was greeted by his "girlfriend" again. The girl wrapping her arms around him tight. "Good morning, Zacky~!"  

Disgusted to even touch her anymore,or be touched by her. He decided that after the library incident, he had had enough of her antics.

"Yo. We need to talk."

The words made Wanda's eyes grow wide. "Why, Zacky! What's wrong, babe?" She batted her eyelashes. Getting the attention of other students. Watching them from a distance. Wanda was living for it and decided to take it up a notch. "Did something happen to your grandpa? Is he okay?~" She put on a fake look of concern.

"Cut the bullshit. It's over."

Wanda was dumbfounded. Wondering when he'd gotten the balls to talk to her in such a way. Especially with a large audience watching. Some of her admirers shouted obscenities as she put on the waterworks. Yelling at him. Zack ignored it. Walking off to go to his locker but stopped when he saw the familiar locks of blonde flow in his peripheral.

"Hey, it's her!"

His bad mood had been completely washed over with a sense of ease. Seeing the girl that had helped him put a tiny smirk on his face. Walking over to her. Blissfully unaware of what happened to her last night after she stormed off. Zack decided to greet her walking his way over to Ray.

Rachel was slumped over as she walked to her locker.Grabbing the things she needed for her next class. Dark circles we're heavy around her eyes and to cover yesterday's beating, she had placed a bandage over it. Keeping people from asking too many questions. Though the swelling had mostly gone down by then it was still an ugly purple. She decided not to risk leaving it uncovered.

When she arrived she saw... Him.

Standing right there at her locker. As he looked at her. Leaning against the metal doors, she was rendered breathless. Though her mood soured again as she recalled the library incident.

"...Zack-Senpai? What are you doing here?"

Pressing his hand against her locker, he gave her a small smile. "Hey... Sorry for what happened yesterday. I mean... She can be a huge pain in the ass. And I'm sorry ya had to see all of it." He huffed. Clearing his throat as he turned his head the opposite direction.

She blinked a few times. "... It's fine. I should have minded my business." She turned her head away. She soon decided it wasn't really in the mood for a chat. Deciding to cut the conversation short."Um...I...should get to class now. Can you move please?"

Zack's smile faded a little as he slowly moved away from her locker door. Allowing her to finish up. She grabbed her things quickly and changed shoes.  She was surprised.

Why was he there?
Is he trying to use me for his enjoyment too?

...Am I everyone's ragdoll now?

She was bitter inside her own head. Fighting tears as she walked off to class.

Zack let out an irritated sigh. Watching her walk off and went off to the classroom. Trailing behind slowly. Zack decided to lag a bit as not to make her uncomfortable as well as delay the test he hadn't been looking forward to. Since math wasn't exactly his strong suit. However, as he finally gained the courage to go take it, he remembered what Rachel taught him. Trying his best to apply what he learned. After a few hours they revealed the results.

Much to his surprise and joy, he passed with a decent grade instead of the typical zero he'd receive.The bandaged young man got excited as he took the papers and rushed to look for Rachel. Wanting to give her the good news.

Once Rachel finished up class, Danny-Sensei stopped her. Taking her by the wrist. The girl turned around. Visibly shaking. She was sickened by how close he was getting. Knowing that he didn't have good intentions after their last encounter.

Please don't touch me…

"Y-yes, Sensei? Is there something you need?"

Danny put on a frown. Moving his hands to her shoulders.

"Rachel, we need to discuss about your grades. As your homeroom teacher, I am worried about your future."

"Oh no...But I did my best. I study every night. That's not possible. That can't be!" She was hurt. She really poured her all into being successful. Wanting to build the best possible life for herself so she can finally get away from it all.

He pulled her into his classroom fully. Locking the door. "Don't worry. I can easily help you get them back up." He grabbed her chin lightly. Bringing his face dangerously close. Causing her eyes to widen in horror. Her body shaking out of fear.

"I love the color of your eyes, Rachel."