Just once

He smiled. "I don't live far away, but it's still prolly a good idea to head out of here fast."

Rachel nodded. "I see...That's good then." She continued smiling at him.

I'll run away with him. Just for tonight. Forget everything else.

Just this one night... Please, god.

"Can you walk or do you want me to carry you?" Zack looked at her. Waiting for a response.

Her heart started to beat fast again.

"I can walk but.."

She blushed bright red.

"I... wouldn't mind being carried again."

He lifted her up in his arms. "Heh. That's fine by me." He didn't mind either and walked out of the school building and towards his apartment. When they arrived, there was a pretty huge mess inside.

"Uhm... Ignore the mess.."

Of course, that would be easier said than done.

Rachel's heart pounded in her ears as he lifted her up. Once they got there, she looked around. Taking it all in. She felt a little sad. Seeing how poor of a condition it was in. And the neighborhood the complex was in wasn't exactly the friendliest from what she heard on the news. Still... It was home to him.

"I don't mind. But if it bothers you that much, then maybe... I can help you clean?"

He nodded in agreement. Setting her down. "Would be nice if I could get some help with cleaning, yeah..." he scratched his cheek bashfully while looking away.

"Okay. I mean.. you're letting me stay here. It's the very least I can do. I don't think my parents would let me live... Seeing me like this." She lowered her head. "So again... Thank you Zack. You saved me." He blinked. Not sure what she meant by that. But took the gratitude once again. "No prob. Er...Y-you can stay here if you want.. But just for tonight!" It was strange having a woman that wasn't Wanda in his home for a change. One he actually had a little bit of interest in, at least.

Rachel became flustered again.

"Oh! I didn't mean I want to stay forever!" She waves her hands bashfully. "Just for tonight! I wouldn't want to be a bother!" He laughed a big and placed her down. "Okay.. Good.."

After a while, Rachel went to sit down on the dingy looking couch.

Zack lives like this... I can't help but feel a little more grateful for what I do have.

Preoccupied, He grabbed a few trash bags and started cleaning the floor that was littered with cans of coke. Rachel tried to adjust more of the buttons of his uniform jacket before getting down on her hands and knees to help. But when she leaned over, Zack got a nice view as some of the buttons came undone. Zack glanced at her from the corner of his eye. He gulped down the forming lump in his throat as his eyes widened. Looking away fast, he cleaned up as quickly as possible. Trying to put it out of mind.

He wasn't sure why, but it was different with Ray. If he saw any other girl stark naked, he wouldn't bat an eye but when Ray was around, it was like she would change his whole world just from Looking at her. Compared to Wanda, Ray was much more natural. He'd been tired of the sight of implants. As perverted as it seemed, seeing Ray's, was a breath of fresh air to him.

Rachel tucked some strands of hair behind her ear in order to scrub the floor without it getting in the way. Unaware of the fact, Zack was looking down the jacket and getting a full view. He felt gross for it. He mentally slapped himself for even daring to stare at her like that. Getting overly excited just by staring at her cleavage. And she was just a friend. Or so, he thought.