Pristine

Nathan paced outside of Delilah's door, thinking of ways to talk her down from suicide. 'Damn it, I can't think of anything to say' he furrowed his brow trying desperately to keep the woman he had grown to care about so deeply here with him. The way he had melted into him on the couch had made him feel the same type of warmth and safety he had with Abigail, but he prayed Delilah never hurt him the same way. 'You idiot. You don't even know how she feels about you. And she's clearly not over her dead fucking husband who was a lot better looking than you anyways!' He beat his head with his fists, trying to chase away the negative thoughts. She kissed his neck, that had to count for something. The frontman took a deep breath and knocked on the door. It was followed by an eerie silence. He knocked again, this time louder and more panicked.

"Come on" he pleaded to the door. "Come on please open" he banged his large fist on the door over and over again until finally it was swung open by an irritated Delilah. Nathan stopped his pounding before he accidentally struck her. She sighed and motioned for him to come in. Candles were lit around the room. Soft guitar music played from the surround sound speakers. Nathan could hear the deep voice of Chris Delanco crooning out a song he'd never heard before. "Is this, uh... is this what you recorded for his, um, his final album?" Delilah answered him from her bathroom where she was drawing a bath.

"No. These are some unreleased B-sides. We always figured we'd use them in a special LP or something" she exited the bathroom. Nathan loved the way she looked in her crimson and black bath robe. Though she was very thin, her curves still managed to show through the thin silk. "So.. I know Will sent you up here, right?" Nathan shook his head.

"I volunteered" his eyes were fixed to the very loosely tied belt around her waist. Delilah rolled her eyes.

"I wasn't going to kill myself, Nathan. I took a xanax, I'm coming down from the trip, and I'm taking a bubble bath to relax" she threw her hands up "Okay!?"

"Okay" Nathan replied. "I still wanna stick around and make sure you mean it"

"What are you gonna watch me take a bath?" Delilah snorted. She noticed Nathan's eyebrow twitch. He slightly lowered his gaze to her tiny legs. Her face straightened as realization hit her. "Oh, Nathan..." she sat beside him and lowered her head into her hands.

"Delilah, you've been a big help in me getting over Abigail. And in the process I developed some feelings, not love or any pussy shit like that..." Nathan trailed off. Her disapproving look made him want to kick himself. "God damn it, Delilah, I like you a lot. A lot, a lot. I might even.." he mumbled the last bit.

"I'm sorry?" Delilah crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at him. He huffed and mumbled again, but louder. "Come again?" She pushed.

"OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE, I THINK I MIGHT LOVE YOU" he bellowed. She smirked.

"There's no need to yell, Nate" she noticed a slight blush on his cheeks. "Stay in here. I'll sing so you know I'm alive. I'll leave the door open" she kissed him on the shoulder and went into the bathroom. The scent of roses and vanilla wafted out to Nathan. He could also hear Delilah harmonizing with her husband's voice.

Oh there's a river that winds on forever
I'm gonna see where it leads
Oh there's a mountain that no man has mounted
I'm gonna stand on the peak

Nathan looked longingly at the bathroom door. He wanted desperately to join her. He wanted to take away her pain the way she took away his. Abigail was still alive, but he was certain she was never coming back. That was kind of the same thing, right?

To the ends of the earth would you follow me?
There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see
To the ends of the earth would you follow me?
If you won't, I must say my goodbyes to thee