Rebirth

AN:  Please leave comments/reactions guys, they're the writers food for that finicky motivation part of the writing process.  And let me be honest, across all the platforms, Wattpad inline comments are my favorite, I love reading reactions to specific scenes!

*****************************

It was well after her shift at work when the buzz from the home communications system sounded through the house, interrupting their dinner as both Zelina and Luke looked up at the sound. Zelina glanced at Luke, putting down her fork as she rose from her seat.

"Finish your dinner," she murmured, leaving the room after making sure he was going to stay in his seat.

Wondering who could be calling her, and sincerely hoping there wasn't trouble at the cantina that she would have to leave to take care of, Zelina made her way towards their living room, watching the blinking light that indicated the incoming transmission with curiosity until she was able to answer.

Of all the people in the galaxy to appear in holographic form, she hadn't been expecting this one.

"Obi-Wan?" she hissed softly, glancing back towards the main room and sincerely hoping that Luke wasn't sneaking around trying to eavesdrop and was still eating his dinner. "What happened, I haven't heard from you in far too long--I thought something had happened to you!"

"We were found, that's why we haven't been in touch--we didn't want to give you and Luke away," Obi-Wan said with a grimace, and Zelina felt a chill race down her spine. If they'd been found, then that meant that even contacting Zelina was a risk. Before she could protest the transmission, Obi-Wan rushed to finish, clearly seeing her alarm. "The Rebellion managed to find us a secure transmission, but it will only work for so long, so I have to be quick about this."

Zelina nodded her understanding, keeping her mouth shut so Obi-Wan could tell her about whatever it was that had prompted the call.

"We found a small source of kyber crystals--a very small source, enough so the Empire hasn't noticed it yet. I know your other lightsaber was destroyed, so I thought you might want to know so if you're so inclined, you can get one before the Empire has the chance to notice the source. It's on Christophsis."

Obi-Wan rattled off the coordinates, which Zelina started to repeat in a mantra in her mind to make sure she remembered.

"I'm afraid it's too risky to keep contact after this, Zelina. You're on your own, now. Pria wanted me to pass on the message that she's going to miss Luke," Obi-Wan said softly.

"I'm sure the feeling will be mutual," Zelina said quietly. "Take care of yourself, Obi-Wan. None of you better get yourselves killed before we can join the fray, all right?"

Obi-Wan snorted softly. "That's one way to say goodbye. Until then, Zelina. May the Force be with you."

"And may the Force be with you, too," Zelina replied, Obi-Wan's holographic form disappearing far too soon after she'd finished saying her goodbye.

******************************

Zelina crouched down in front of Luke, hands resting gently on his shoulders as they said their momentary goodbyes in the landing bay that currently housed the Millenium Falcon. After a day or two of consideration, and the obvious opportunity the Force presented her with when Han Solo and Chewbacca returned to the planet not long after Obi-Wan's transmission, Zelina decided that she needed to take advantage of Obi-Wan's information and head to Christophsis. She'd been collecting pieces for lightsabers for a while now, even though she didn't have crystals to make a real lightsaber, but now she knew why she'd acted on the whims. Or rather, why she'd acted on the prompts from the Force.