seven

warning: this book will consist of self harm, drug abuse, sexual abuse, smut, physical abuse, alcohol abuse & partying.

CHAPTER SEVEN

(billy pov)

I feel bad. he isn't supposed to hit max. he's only done that once, and he regretted it because of Susan's reaction.

he doesn't mind hitting me, I think he enjoys it. he always has this smirk of pleasure once he feels the back of his hand against my cheek.

I've been up all night, remembering the scene. i wasnt in the room when it happened, but I was about to be.

I was coming down the stairs when I saw him hit her.

maybe that was my fault, I mean, should I have been more protective of max bringing a boy home?

I've been extremely protective in the past, why didn't I do anything this time?

I need to apologize. it's 5 in the morning but who cares.

I get up off my bed and open Max's door, it's dark. she's usually awake at this time, she likes to stay up.

sometimes you can faintly hear her music through the wall at 4am, or the loud action movie she's watching.

I hesitate on entering the room, but I eventually step over the line where the door closes, and make my way into the room.

I walk over to her bed, seeing it covered in tissues, the blanket scrunched up in her hand, covering her mouth.

she must've been crying.

I see her phone light up, two texts from Jane, and two old ones from Mike. 

jane, now: are you alright?

jane, 10s ago: sorry I didn't pick up earlier, had something to take care of.

mike, 4h ago: we need to talk

mike, 4h ago: can you call me please?

I shut her phone off and take a seat on the edge of the bed, cleaning up the mess, then watching her for a moment.

I feel... so horrible.

I have never felt this type of feeling before, this gut wrenching one.

the thought of him hurting her makes me sick to my stomach.

"max" I whisper.

--

(max pov)

I wake up to the sound of someone whispering my name, I look up and can make out a silhouette of Billy's figure.

"billy? what time is it?" "it's 5am."

I groan softly, what could he possibly want at this time.

"why are you waking me?"

he does something that makes me want to choke him, he turns my lamp on.

I pull the covers over my eyes, "no, turn it off"

"max."

I stay under the cover for a moment, his tone, its... different.

I pull the cover off slowly, adjusting to the light and looking up at him.

I can see him stare at my cheek, he must see the small bruising the back of Neil's hand made.

"I'm fine..."

he must know I'm lying, since he gets in the bed, looking down at me.

"im sorry."

I just sigh.