Prologue

Not edited

Prologue

Atlanta, Georgia

Prey : Charlotte

12:00 pm

I woke up with a joint. The traffic noise woke up up. I groaned and sniffed my hair. Garbage. My hair was smelly as usually. I live on the streets for a year now. I ran away from my old home. I was a foster child. But I was kept clean and tidy. My foster family was wonderful. But their son was the worst.

I'm seventeen years old and I'm not a virgin.

Just one night could change it forever. I missed him. Dearly. But I had to move on.

I dragged my feet to my bag and looked inside. I took out my jacket and walked around town. I was homeless but not broke. I took the bus and sat down. After a few minutes a lady in a suit came in and sat next to me. I smiled to be polite and she smile back.

After ten minutes she turned to me and asked, "Are you Charlotte?"

For some reason I nodded and her grin grew wider. "Well my name is Leona Brittany Gable. And I work with child service. And it seems I'm supposed to find you can take you to your new home."

'Home?'

She continued. "Your family has been searching for you but we do not know where they are or who they are so we'll put you in temporary home. Does that sound fine?"

I nodded again.

"Good. This is my spot. Come." She got and I just stayed. Thinking. 'Go you idiot!' I got up and follow Leona. She walked into this large building. I was gapping at it when she called my name. We went inside and into the elevator. She pressed the top floor and we rode in silence.

"Take a sit," she said. And that's where I knew my life changed forever.

__________

Sooo what do you think?

This is our Christmas gift to you guys, plus we're updating some stories so just wait.