Chapter 15

I awoke to a knocking from the front door. "Hey Allison," I heard Vanya say. I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes, remembering last night. I looked to my right to see Five sleeping. I groan and get up, making my way into the living room. "Like a woman who's based her whole life on rumors," said Vanya.

I looked at both of them, confused. "Oh, hey, y/n. Luther asked me to ask you if you know where Five went," Allison said.

"Oh, I don't-"

"He's in y/n's bed," Vanya flatly said before leaving for breakfast. Allison looked at me with a surprised look.

"Don't ask," I rolled my eyes.

"No, no, tell me," Allison smirked. I gave her a glare and went back to my room. "Don't kiss him too hard!" Allison teased.

"Shut up," I said back before entering my room.

"What was that all about?" Five asked now sitting up.

"Nothing," I quietly said, sitting on the bed. "Hey, what do you want to do today?" I ask.

"Oh, I'm doing something, by myself," Five said a matter of factly.

"Well, What am I supposed to do?" I ask.

"Not my problem," Five said.

"Five-" I cut myself off after seeing Five teleport out of my room. "Ugh," I said under my breath. I get dressed and lock the door to my apartment. "I'm going to the Academy," I say to myself. I grab a cab and sit in the back seat. Once I arrive, I go straight to my room. I sit on my bed and stare at the wall. I look over to my bookshelf a spot a book I haven't read in a while.

I stand up and take the book. As I flick through the pages, one page catches my eye. I go back and find a folded piece of paper in between the book. I take it out and unfold it. It was a note...

Dear y/n,

     I know you probably won't see this, but I need to tell you something. I'm planning on time traveling within the next few days. I am aware of the dangers ahead, but I really think I should try. I know you are going to be really mad at me if I don't return, which I won't, but I want you to know this. I want you to know no matter what happens, I'll always be thinking of you.

Love,
Five

I look at the note in shock. It's dated 3 days before Five left. Five must have put this here while I was at private lessons with Dad. I can't believe I've never seen this before. I was about to close the book when I heard shouting coming from down the hall. I ran towards the voices, and it turns out the shouting was coming from Five and Luther. I walk into Five's room to see him holding a gun to Luther because he was holding Delores out the window.

"Put..her..down," Five said.

"Five? Why the hell are you holding a gun?" I ask. He turns around, so the gun was pointing at me. "Don't point that at me!" I yell. He turns back around, so the shot gun was in Luther's direction again.

"Put the gun down. You're not killing anyone," Luther ordered

"Kill?" I asked.

"I know she's important to you, so done make me do this," he said, referring to Delores.

"Y/n, tell Luther to put Delores down and leave me alone!" Five shouts. I stand there without saying anything, just staring at the scene in front of me.

"It's either her or the gun," Luther says. Five still has the gun ready, but is shaking. "You decide." Five stands there, contemplating in his head. Luther's then throws Delores out the window, but is caught as Five drops the gun and teleports on the other side of the bed. I pick up the gun and hand it to Luther. "We know you're still a good person, Five. Otherwise, you wouldn't have risked everything coming back here to save us all. But you're not on your own anymore," Luther says to Five, who is holding Delores in his arms.

"There is one way. But it's just about impossible," Five said.

"What are we talking about?" I ask, causing them both to look at me, like they forgot I was there.

"What's that in your hand?" Five asked, ignoring my question. I look at my hand and realize I was still holding the note.

"N-Nothing," I stutter after putting the piece of paper in my pocket.

"Let's go, Luther. Y/n, you can come too," Five says, leading us out the doors.