Chapter 24

I awoke to Klaus ringing a bell in my ear. "Klaus! What the hell?" I asked annoyed.

"Morning sis, Five is downstairs already. He's waiting for you," Klaus sang happily. I groaned and shoved him out of my room so I could change.

Once I changed, I went downstairs to the kitchen. Already sitting there was Luther and Five. Klaus was serving them breakfast, surprisingly.

"Here we go. This'll fix ya," Klaus said, pouring Luther a cup of coffee. As he was about to drink it, Five got up and snatched it out of his hands.

"Thank you, sir," Five stated, sipping the cup. "Jesus. Who do I gotta kill go get a decent cup of coffee?" Five spat disgusted.

"Well, okay then," I mumbled, sitting in between Luther and Five. Luther was wearing a hoodie and Five light blue pajamas.

"Can we get started please?" Luther asked.

"Anyone seen any of the others? Diego? Allison? No?" Klaus questioned.

"Uh...yeah. They went to go find Harold Jenkins' grandmother the last time I checked," I responded.

"All right, then, this is the closest thing to a quorum that we're going to get," said Klaus, "Now, listen up. There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just going to spit it out. I conjured Dad last night."

Five and I looked at each other in confusion. The room went silent for a few seconds before Luther spoke up. "You said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years."

"Ah, yes, I know, but i'm sober. Ta-da! I got clean yesterday, to talk to someone special, and then ended up having this...conversation with dear old Daddy himself," Klaus explained.

"Has anyone got some aspirin?" Luther asked changing the subject.

"Top shelf, next to the crackers," Five and I said at the same time. We both looked at each other in surprise until I said, "Jinx." Five just rolled his eyes at me.

"Hey, hey, hey. This is serious guys, all right? This really happened, I swear," Klaus said seriously.

"Okay, fine. I'll play. What did the old man have to say?" Five asked.

"Well, he gave me the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada yada yada. No surprise there. Even the afterlife couldn't soften a harass like Dad, right? But, he did mention something about his murder, or lack of thereof, because...he killed himself," said Klaus.

"I don't have time for your games, Klaus," Luther sighed, getting up.

"No no, I'm telling you the truth, Luther. I'm telling you the truth. Y/n believes me, right?" Klaus asked me.

I thought about it for a second. Klaus is usually the type to joke around, but I don't think he'd joke about this. "I believe you, Klaus," I sided with him.

"Here's the real question," said Five, "Why'd he do it?"

"He said it was the only way to get us all home again," Klaus answered.

"Makes sense," I said, "He obviously knew about the apocalypse. So in order to get us all back together to save the world, he had to do something worth coming back for."

"How'd he know about the apocalypse, though?" asked Luther. I honestly didn't know, so I just shrugged.

"Miss Y/n is correct," said Pogo, walking into the room. "Regretfully...I helped Master Hargreaves enact his plan," he admitted.

"What?" Luther asked.

"So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for both of us. More difficult than you could ever know," Pogo sighed, "Prior to your father's death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first aid on that faithful night."

"Sick bastard," Five mumbled.

"The security tape we saw?" Luther continued.

"It was meant to further the murder mystery. Your father hoped that being back here, solving it together...would reignite your desire to be a team again," Pogo explained.

"And do what end?" asked Five.

"To save the world, of course," Pogo responded.

"All right," Klaus laughed.

"First the moon mission and now this. You watched me search for answers and said nothing. Anything else you want to share Pogo? Any other damn secrets?" Luther asked.

"Calm down, Luther," I told him.

"No, I won't calm down," Luther said, his volume raising, "We've been lied to by the one person in this family we all trusted."

"If was your father's dying wish, Master Luther. I...I had no choice," Pogo admitted.

"There's always choice," Luther said to Pogo, before walking out of the room.

I looked at Five, who was holding his head in his hands. "I gotta think. Y/n, come with me?" Five asked me, holding out his hand.

"Sure," I replied. I guess he got over the whole kiss thing from yesterday. I grabbed his hand before he teleported us out of the kitchen and into his room.