Chapter 4

"Damn! Why do you feel the need to shout at me? You can speak subtly. Do you want some common sense, which I'll give you for free?" Marydeth's voice reverberated through the air, laced with a palpable frustration, as she directed her words towards her friend.

Marydeth's eyes narrowed with a piercing glare, her gaze brimming with a potent mix of frustration and disdain.

In stark contrast, Wendy's lips curled into a mischievous grin, her countenance radiating an unabashed delight in the face of Marydeth's evident displeasure. Marydeth let out a frustrated groan in response to her best friend's ongoing childishness.

Wendy's countenance contorted into a frown as Marydeth unleashed a sinister snicker, aimed directly at her. Despite their contrasting attitudes, the friends remained steadfast in their bond, undeterred by their differences.

Unlike Wendy, who can act like a brat at times, Marydeth was raised entirely by herself, with the exception of the trustworthy butler. This may account for her irritability and short temper. The pair remained unfazed by their striking resemblance to actresses, even as they stood before the professor and their classmates, who appeared to be captivated by the spectacle unfolding before them.

It was as if they had stepped straight out of a silver screen, their appearance evoking a sense of cinematic enchantment. Had the professor refrained from uttering a single word, the ceaseless exchange between the two individuals would have persisted without interruption.

Embarrassment washed over them, causing their eyes to widen in response. Their eyes locked in a fierce gaze, a silent battle of wills unfolding between them. It was a peculiar sight, for there was no animosity or hatred fuelling their intense scrutiny.

Rather, an unspoken understanding seemed to pass between them—a shared recognition of the complexities that had brought them to this moment. And so they stood there, their eyes locked in a silent dance, each refusing to yield, even though their hearts harbored no ill will towards one another. Behold, the true essence of their friendship unfolds before us.

"Ahmm." The professor asked softly, "Young Lady, perhaps there are others who don't know you yet, so please introduce yourselves."

Once exuding an air of frustration, the current demeanor has transformed into that of a feeble kitten emitting faint meows.

With a mischievous twinkle in her eyes, Marydeth couldn't help but release a hearty laugh, relishing in the slight tinge of fear that seemed to flicker across the Professor's face.

The haunting spectre of job loss looms ominously in the depths of one's consciousness, casting a shadow of unease and trepidation.

The mere thought of being stripped of one's employment and of having the security and stability that employment provides cruelly As Marydeth contemplates the prospect of doubling her employees' wages, a question arises: will he, in turn, seek alternative employment opportunities?

Because of this, Maydeth's empire is thriving. Unlike other companies, she possesses a generous nature and does not exhibit any signs of stinginess. Her generosity towards her employees knows no bounds, as long as they remain steadfastly loyal to her.

With a graceful gesture, she beckoned WJ to take the lead in introducing themselves. It was evident that their classmates were eagerly awaiting this moment, even though it was clear that they were already familiar with her.

"Hello there, just call me Wendy, but my full name is Wendy Jane Endrina. My age is 18 years old. I'm a modest 5'2" in height. Singing and dancing are two of my favorite things to do. Let's get along!" Wendy introduced herself cheerfully.