Chapter 15

Marydeth had patiently waited for Calven for three long hours, yet she found herself unable to catch even the slightest glimpse of his presence.

"Calven, could you kindly inform me of your whereabouts?" Marydeth expressed her concern, saying to herself, "I am worried." As she waits for Calven, she continues to shift her gaze back and forth.

The man had departed some time ago following their disagreement, yet he has not yet returned. Occasionally, she finds herself in a state of tranquility, perched upon the bed, her body motionless.

In those moments, a profound sigh escapes her lips, as if carrying the weight of her thoughts. She had been repeating this to herself, but her stubborn nature allowed her heart to overpower her rational thoughts. And what was the outcome? Calven harbored deep-seated anger toward her.

Marydeth diligently searched every corner of the hotel, approaching each employee with hopeful anticipation. However, despite her efforts, Calven remained elusive and could not be located. She has yet to have her dinner, as her mind is preoccupied with concern for Calven.

Her prayers persistently beseech that no harm befalls the man. Once more, a heavy sigh escaped her lips, and with a determined resolve, she made up her mind to head towards the closest bar.

After all, she was well aware that Calven had quite the reputation as a party enthusiast. Before venturing out, she borrowed a car from the hotel. Feeling weary, she didn't let it bother her, so long as she caught a glimpse of Calven right away.

Entering the bar, she confidently bypassed the need to present her identification card. After all, there was no need for formalities, as everyone recognized her instantly. Her recent wedding had been the talk of the town, making headlines in every news outlet.

In a moment of surprise, Marydeth found herself taken aback upon catching sight of her husband. Her fingers curled around the edge of her shirt, her grip growing tighter. In that moment, her eyes beheld the sight of her husband engaged in a passionate embrace with a person from a foreign country.

Getting accustomed to this situation might be necessary for her, as she is the one who is persistently advocating for this marriage. Marydeth felt her blood boiling. She experienced an indescribable sense of profound jealousy. Every inch of her being trembles with fury.

Despite the pain she was experiencing, she managed to maintain her composure and allowed Calven to continue, even though the pain was intense. Despite the pain of witnessing her beloved with another person, she chose to release her grip on the situation.

She is unable to accomplish anything, and he is aware that she is a failure in this relationship. Moreover, everything feels contrived. They unexpectedly encountered a person who she thought to be the woman's boyfriend—the one Calven had kissed—as she was getting ready to approach Calven and bring him home.

Once again, she refrained from interfering. Calven's frustrations found an outlet in the form of other people, and she allowed him to unleash them upon them. Calven and the other man engaged in a fierce exchange of punches. She remained in her position.

Marydeth had the unfortunate experience of observing the aggressive nature of her CK. A chorus of voices rises, urging them to cease their actions.

Marydeth had recently relocated when she suddenly caught sight of a stranger who was perilously close to shattering a bottle of wine on Calven's head. Without hesitation, she swiftly intervened and prevented any harm from befalling him.

"Stop!" With fierce determination, she raised her voice, commanding attention from all those present. "Under no circumstances shall you inflict harm upon my beloved husband," she declared, her words resonating with an unwavering strength.

As the foreign man prepared to launch his assault, fate intervened in the form of her vigilant bodyguards, who swiftly intervened and thwarted his nefarious plans. Without hesitation, she swiftly made her way towards her husband and took the lead.

Marydeth's lip was bitten hard as Calven engaged in conversation with the girl he had kissed. "My wife is already here. Thanks, babe, for that wonderful kiss." He uttered those words to the inebriated lady.

Marydeth's eyes narrowed with intensity as she cast a disapproving gaze towards the woman who dared to approach their vicinity. The woman took a step back, perhaps because she was aware of her own authority. Marydeth tightly grips her husband's hand.

"You will be responsible for handling it. Ensure that the required payment is made promptly, and refrain from allowing any information to be leaked to the media. Do you understand?" She faced the bodyguards and issued a command to them.

In a show of respect, they nodded and gracefully bowed their heads towards her. Assisting her, one of them aided in getting Calven into the car. Upon reaching their hotel room, she kindly assisted Calven in settling down on the cozy bed before gently closing the door.

Perched on the bed's edge, she observed Calven intently. Calven, in a state of intoxication, finds himself inebriated. She was aware that the words she spoke would fall on deaf ears. Despite Calven's inability to hear, this remains her sole means of expressing her emotions.

"Are you aware that your actions are causing me pain, or is this really what you want?" She sighed softly, expressing her desire for him to reciprocate her love.

However, she quickly realized the futility of such a wish. Determined to distract herself, she resolved to fetch a towel and some warm water. After they arrived at their hotel, Calven was already fast asleep.

With swift movements, Marydeth gently took off Calven's shoes and shirt while diligently attending to his cleanliness. With no desire, she gently wiped Calven's body. She approached the task of wiping the man with a serious demeanor.

Calven's words left Marydeth in a state of shock, causing her to rise from her seat. The words that escaped Calven's lips caused her world to crumble. The basin of water slipped from her grasp and fell to the floor. The floor became wet as water was accidentally spilled.

Her hands moved instinctively to cover her mouth. The weight of her discovery weakened her, causing her knees to tremble. Each breath came in shallow gasps, as if the air itself had turned against her. In the depths of her being, she longed for this newfound truth to be nothing more than a haunting nightmare.

"I love you so much, Laila. Please come back to me."