8 | All Dead, All Dead

1957, 1st April

"Do you think she'll like it, Jim?" Her grip around his arm tightened anxiously. He smiled down at her reassuringly and kissed her up-did, auburn hair. "She'll adore it, love." The man promised.

"I'm just not really sure. Perhaps it's a little childish?" She worried. The man sighed. "Sophia, she's beco- She's a teenage girl, it's perfect for her." She scoffed. It would be her 15th birthday soon. Never had she'd been given something she was entirely pleased with. She wasn't spoiled, she knew that for a fact, but this girl was just so different.

Sophia took the gift out of her pocket and fidgeted with it in her hand. It was a pretty, little thing, much like what Paul got her. He's a sweet boy, she thought.

A breeze and the object dropped to the ground. They were already nearly over the road. "Wait a second, Jim, I just dropped-"

Her last words. Before an ambulance- the irony! -with the horn wailing hit her much to hard. Jim stood there in shock. Two medics came running out of the vehicle and bent down next to the body.

The men shook their heads defeatedly. The medics knew, Jim knew, the world knew that she was done for.

All dead and gone.
—————
Wow, I am on a roll huh. Well would you look at that? A Queen song instead of Bowie, this is getting exciting