Chapter 5- Aftermath

Hey guys sorry for the long wait, I had my finals and then my senior trip to kalahari which conveniently had an anime con there! If any of you were there! You probably saw me stalking around the con Wednesday night when it was free! And I also recently graduated high school! Yay! So, to make up for it i'm going to publish 2 chapters in 2 days. It's gonna be hard, but i'll give it a go! So, enjoy the chapters true believers! And as an added bonus... a face reveal with a pic from the convention!

 a face reveal with a pic from the convention!

New York City...

Everything changed since Thanos came to earth. Boats were left in the harbor piled up on shores, as stadiums were left abandoned with the cars of the faded. Streets empty, except for the 'lucky' half that survived. Y/n and Steve sat inside a rehab building where a group of people met every week on Wednesday's to discuss what happened. Steve and Y/n looked at the man to the far left as he told his story.

"The date went on like normal," he said. "We talked for a bit and I got her to laugh once, but, it all changed when the first corse arived... We broke down crying in the middle of the restaurant. We didn't even finish our meals. I walked her home, but it wasn't the same." Steve smiled and Y/n nodded.

"That's good," said Y/n. The older man looked at the young 23 year old. "Is it going to happen again." The older man nodded, a small almost unnoticeable smile on his face.

"Yeah," he said. "This weekend actually."

"Danvers is right though. We all have to move on. Past the guilt," said Steve. "No matter how difficult it is. We always have to find a way, War changes us. And this is no different. When i came out of that ice, my whole world changed. But, we just got to learn to accept it."

Avengers HQ...

Natasha sat over her desk, a peanut butter sandwich in her hand as the other Avengers from around the universe were checking in.

"And finally there is an earthquake at the ocean floor, so there may possibly be a tsunami that'll hit the shorline," said Okoye. Nat put the sandwich together and looked up at Okoye.

"Can you handle it?" She asked.

"We handle it by not handling it." She said. Nat turned to the others.

"Anything else to report in?"

"A few riots on southern planets, but was quelled quickly." Said Carol. Rocket turned to her.

"And what did you do haircut?" He asked a little annoyed with the Captain. Before Carol could answer Nat cut in.

"Well, as always, this channel is open to everyone, check in if you can. And stay safe." She said. Everyone started to sign off, leaving only Carol and Rhodey.

"Tell my son, i'll be home as soon as i can." Said Carol, worriness in her voice. Rhodey and Carol exchanged a look before Carol disappeared from the call. Rhodey looked back at Nat.

"Nat are you sure you want to find him, i mean the trail of bodies he's leaving, it's... unbearable." Nat looked up at Rhodey.

"Just find him... please..." a tear rolled down her face making Rhodey sigh before leaving the call. Nat threw her peanut butter sandwich on her plate before sobbing into her hands.

"I saw some whales in the harbor on my way in." Said Steve gaining Nat's attention. Nat looked up at Steve, wiping the tears off her face.

"And?" asked Nat. Steve smiled moving forward a bit.

"Well, fewer boats in the ocean. Cleaner water. It gives them more space to swim." he said. Nat started to chuckle lightly at the super soldier in front of her.

"I swear if you say look at the bright side." Nat looked down at her plate. "I promise that i will throw a peanut butter sandwich at your face." Steve smiled at this, now taking a seat across from the former Russian assassin.

"You know. Danvers and I always tell people that we should move on. But-"

"But some of us can't." Steve and Nat looked at the door that Steve came in to see Y/n standing there, an apple in his hand, and a smirk present on his face. "We can't because we lost people too." Steve and Nat looked down not even noticing the flashing light next to Nat's head. "And apparently we have mail. Who would like to open it?" Steve looked back at Nat, smiling slightly.

"Ladies first." he said. Nat smiled at the two.

"Charmed, but... You First." Nat the swiped the light to her right opening it and making it full sized via holo projectors. In there stood A man in his mid 30's next to an ugly brown mini van looking up at the camera.

"UH, HI?! ANYONE HOME?! This is Scott Lang! We met a few years ago at the airport?" Nat and Steve shot up from their seats and looked at the video in shock. Danvers looked at it confused as all hell.

"Is this an old message?" asked Steve. Nat smiled and her eyes showed hope in them, for once in 5 years.

"it's the front door." she said.

"Who the hell is that?" Y/n asked curios about the bum looking person at their front door. Nat and Steve were about answer only for the video to cut them off.

"Ant-Man? Ant-Man? I know you know Ant-Man!"

Y/n shrugged slightly taking a bite out of his apple. "That answers that." They turned back to the Video to listen to Scott.

"Yeah that's me! Can you buzz me in?" Scott the pointed to the gate in front of him, smiling.

10 minutes later...

Scott paced back and forth in front of the three Avengers, talking to himself. Steve, Nat and Y/n stared at the Ant-Man waiting for an explanation.

"Scott." Said Steve gaining his attention. Scott stopped and looked at the three.

"Yeah. Right, so before.... Thanos. I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. A place where time and Space are irrelevant. And when my friends didn't pull me out. i was trapped there-"

"for five years?" asked Y/n. Scott looked at the young man curiously.

"that's just it, young man in a space suit i never seen before." Y/n felt like a ton of bricks hit him.

"Right, Where are my manners? Y/n Danvers, Call me Lieutenant Marvel." he said shaking Scott's hand. Scott smiled.

"Scott Lang, You can call me Scott. But, back to what we were talking about before. it didn't feel like five years. It felt like five hours." Scott walked back towards the window.

"Lang, what do you mean?" The three followed Scott. 

"What i mean is, what if we can go into the Quantum Realm at one point in time and come out at another point?" he said. Danvers smiled brightly.

"Like Time travel?" he asked. Scott nodded. Steve looked at Scott, Hope and Doubt shimmering in his eyes.

"So, you're saying that if we could we could go to any point in time? Like-"

"Before Thanos." said Scott. "But, who am I kidding, we don't even know a guy who has a big enough brain to even figure this out? Right?"

BOOOM! Thank you guys so much for your patience, these pat few week have been busy as hell, thank you guys so much for reading and as always. I'll see you all star-side Guardians! Excelsior!