Flashback 1- Powers

I remember the day my mother helped me discover my powers. It was 2 days after my 6th birthday. She had taken me to a far away world, a planet covered in red deserts with little to no life on it, we were on the outskirts of a city in ruins. We stood in front of a boulder near the edge of a cliff. 

The boulder blew up with Carol standing in front, her hands glowing. She smiled at the little boy next to her.

"SO COOL!!!" He shouted staring at the destroyed boulder in front of him. His mother chuckled lightly.

"You can do that too Y/n." Carol said smiling at the 6 year old. The 6 year old turned to his mother in shock.

"I can...?" he said pointing to himself. Carol nodded going behind her son and placing her hands on his shoulders.

"Yes... now, concentrate." She said. Y/n closed his eyes. "The power inside you responds to a need, not a desire. Now, open your eyes." Y/n did so. "Do you see the boulder over there?" she asked pointing over to another boulder next to the cliff. Y/n nodded in response. Carol then took her sons arm and pointed it towards the rock. "Concentrate and destroy it, just like I did." Y/n closed his eyes and thought hard, his hands began to glow but nothing after that happened.

"C'mon..." he said. He then opened his eyes and saw the boulder still standing. He broke off from his mother and went towards the boulder and raised his arm a bit to fire again only to get the same result. The young toddler then went over and kicked the boulder causing his mother to pull him towards her.

"Y/n Johnathon Danvers, calm down!" the boy did so and stopped struggling in his mothers grasp. "Stay calm and concentrate." The boy then faced his target once again. "Patience Y/n, breathe... concentrate on your goal. Feel the energy flow through your body, and concentrate it and send it out through one point." Y/n's arm then began to glow brightly. His breathing became focused and his mother smiled.

"RRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" Y/n yelled and a Photon Blast shot out his arm and collided with the boulder and disintegrated it instantly. The young boy looked at his arm in shock as his mother smiled down at him. He then looked to his mother, a huge toothy grin on his face. "DID YOU SEE THAT MOM?!" Y/n then began to dance around his mother happily. "I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT!" 

"That's right," Carol said chuckling at her son's behavior. "Give me that hand!" Y/n then ran over and gave his mother a high five.

"So..." said Y/n. "What's next?" Carol smiled leaning down towards Y/n.

"Follow me," she said. Y/n took her hand and followed her to the edge of the cliff. "Next, is flying lessons." The boy turned to his mother in shock.

"HUH?!" The boy looked over the edge towards the bottom only to see a small river at the bottom. "I don't know mom... it's too high..." he said. Carol smiled confidently at her son.

"Don't worry it's going to be okay. Take a few steps back." Carol said. Y/n complied.

"Okay... but what are you going to-" The boy couldn't finish because his mother dove off the cliff. The boy ran to the edge scared for his mother's life, only for her to slowly float back up. The young boy then hugged his mother, tears streaming down his face. "Don't do that again, please mommy. You scared me." He said burying his head in her thigh. The woman, in shock, only hugged her son and pet his hair.

"Hey," she cooed. "Come hush your cries. It will be alright. Just take my hand, hold it tight. I will protect you from all around you. I will be here, so don't you cry." She sang, calming the boy down. The boy looked back up at his mother for her to kiss him on the forehead. "Now it's your turn." Y/n backed up a little only for Carol to land in front of him. "It's okay sweetheart, if you can't do it. I'll catch you. Y/n nodded and looked at the edge.