Revived love. (chapter 19)

Lily was tired, so tired. She was working as Lucius's apprentice.
On one of her less tiering days, Hadrian came to her with Andrew on his hip.
Andrew gurgled and made grabby hands at the colorful blocks Hadrian had laid out for him to play with.
"So how's everything going?" Hadrian asked as he sat in front of Lily.
"Good," Lily asked hoping that Hadrian didn't notice the large bags under her green eyes.
"There is going to be a ball held at the Lestrange manor for, are you coming?" Hadrian hoped that his former mom would say that she was going.
"I would but, isn't it for pure blood's?" Lily concluded sadly.
"No, it's for people that have a high reputation and you do work in the ministry." Hadrian said.
Lily reluctantly agreed to attend the ball. Hadrian helped her get a dress for the ball.
Lily arrived very nervously to the Lestrange Manor.
Hadrian was with Tom, a little too much alcohol in his system.
She saw a sour looking Severus Snape at a side table alone with a half-empty glass of firewhiskey in his place hands.
Lily gathered up her Gryffindor courage and walked over to him. Severus was surprised when his childhood crush sat beside him at the table. "Lame party, right?" Lily eased the tense air between them.
Snape looked at Lily then hurriedly put his eyes back on his drink. "You could say that."
Lily let out a small laugh.
"Wanna dance?" Lily asked while holding out a hand to the potions master.
Snake looked at her and grabbed her offered hand. Hadrian smiled as he saw Severus and Lily dance around the ballroom along with other aristocrats.
Lily giggled as she and Severus sat back down. "Do you wanna do get some fresh air? There is a balcony through those doors." Snape asked while pointing towards ebony doors.
"Sure." Lily grabbed the mans hand and led him to the balcony.
Lily looked at him and noticed how both of their cheeks were flushed, probably from the alcohol.
"I'm sorry." Lily quietly said to her old friend while looking at the night sky.
Snake looked surprised at the girl's apology. "what?"
"I'm sorry about thinking that James was right."
"It is not your fault Lily. James was always a manipulative asshole."
Lily leaned on the greasy haired man a smiled.
Snape didn't know what came over him but he grabbed Lily's head gently and kissed her.
Lily didn't freak out but instead, she leaned into the kiss.
It was a happy Halloween.

                                                      To Be Continued

Harry Potter is owned by J.K Rowling

So much fluff! - Maddie

Word Count: 456