Face it

I went to our spot. It was behind the bushes behind an old closed down resturant. It was a small fit,  barely big enough for the both of us.  Somehow we made it work.  Its sunny out today, just the way I like it.   I sit down and close my eyes, feeling the suns warmth on my skin

    "BOO!" y/c/n yells. I scream. "Will you stop doing that for godsake, going to kill me one day." I yell at him. He laughs, a hearty laugh, the one that you could listen to all day long.  "Oh shush"  I mumble and roll my eyes at him.  He sits down next to me on the dirt.  " So, penny for your thoughts?" He asks.  I sigh and hold out my hand. " You know, you never give me pennys when you say that to me." He says while getting a penny out of his backpack. I smile at him, " Well thats because i dont have to." I say.

"Why?"

"because" I say.

"why"

"because"
He pokes me.

"Y/c/n I swear to god don't start this." He blankly stares at me. Another poke. I give him a deathly stare. I see hes trying to hold back a smile. "Seriously stop, you know I hate poking." He smiles at me "Exactly." He starts poking me all over. I'm getting aggravated more and more by the second. I grab one hand, and give him a pleading look, he pokes me again. I grab the other hand.

    Hes now smiling with his mouth closed, while I am glaring. We are face to face, close enough to where I can feel his breath fanning my skin. He keeps playing these games with me, getting close enough to where I can smell what he had for breakfast, but far enough to where his lips wont touch mine.  Each passing day I crave the taste, the sensation, of his lips to mine.

     "Why do you keep doing this?" I ask him.

  "Doing what?" His eyes pan down to my lips and back to my eyes again.

"Getting so close to kissing me, being inches apart and then... and then not kissing me?" He smiles at me. " Why are you smiling?"

"Y/N do you want me to kiss you?" he says.

With every fiber in my being.

"I don't know.."  Yes, I do. I want you to finally claim whats been yours for all these months.  I look up so I'm not looking at his face.

"Is that really how you feel Y/N?" I look back at him. My mouth feels dry. I lick my lips. He looks at them. He gets closer. "Stop getting closer" I say. "Why" He says. I don't have an answer. He gets a little closer. His mouth is an inch from mine.

"Im afraid." I breathe in a whisper.

"Of?" He stares.

"You." We stare at eachother.

"The only way to not be afraid of your fear-" He starts but i cut him off.

I kiss him. I let go of his hands. He brings them to my face. I bring my hand to his thick hair. We stop. I look him in the eyes.

"- Is to face it "