Chapter seven

It felt like an eternity waiting for Jack to answer Nix. I felt somewhat sure that he was not going to hand me over to the other mc,but I’ve been wrong about people before. Even if he did decide to hand me over, Momma K wouldn’t let that happen right? I could always run again.

Jack sighs and runs his hand through his graying hair.’ No, we will not be handing Nae over to those bastards.’

The tension in the room leave after he tells us he won’t be handing me over. Hemlocks hold on my hand loosens a bit, I hadn't noticed that he had tightened his grip. I look over at Jack and give him a small smile. I don’t trust myself to try and talk. Texas and Jack start talking about what they are going to do. I caught a few details here and there but I was mostly trying to keep the panic away. My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I had just gotten away from my abusive husband only to find more trouble. What if they got me? What would happen to me and my child? These thoughts and more raced through my mind until I started to feel lightheaded.

I tried to pull my hand from Hemlocks, but he would not let go. His grip would tighten everytime i tried. I was getting frustrated and i was panicking. He needed to let go of my hand and he needed to do it now.

‘Let go please.’ I said softly to him. He grunted it response.

‘Let go.’ I said with more force and yanked my hand from his. I wrapped my arms around myself and put distance between myself and everyone is the room. I couldn’t breath and i felt like I was going to be sick. I noticed that my outburst had drawn the attention of the rest of the people in the room. Everyone had the same expression, they were confused and concerned.

I searched the room until i found Momma K and gave her a pleading look. I needed out of this room. Momma K made a move to me, but before she could my hand covered my mouth and I turned and ran out of Jack’s office to find the nearest bathroom. Momma K looks over at Jack and glares.

‘You couldn’t have been a little more gentle? She’s in a fragile state right now and you just threw a bomb at her.’

Jack opens his mouth to defend himself but Momma K beats him to it. She walks over to his desk and places both her hands flat on it and leans over to Jack.

‘I heard you and Texas just a minute ago. You wanna use that girl as bait to try and whip out The Reapers’ Outlaws. Figure out another way Jack. I won't allow you to use that girl as bait and if that's a problem then they both of us will be gone and out of your hair by the end of the day. It’s too dangerous for the both of them Jack. You hear me?’ she says the last part quicketly, not wanting anyone else to hear.

Jack and K stare at each other in the silence of the room, waiting to see what would happen. K had openly disrespected Jack in front of his highest ranking members and told him she would leave him if it came down to it. His gaze softens as he continues to look at K.

‘You would really leave me for her?’

‘Yes Jack. She’s like a daughter to me, I thought you understood that?’ she says.

There's a pause before he answers.’ I do K. I get it, I have to admit that I’m starting to care for the girly myself and I dont think I’m the only one.’ Momma K gives a little giggle.

‘I think your right. You figure out another way to get rid of those bastards and I’m going to go check on Nae.’ She gives Jack a kiss on the cheek and walks out of the office.

‘You heard my women boys. We figure out another way.’

‘Hey Becky have you seen Nae’.’ I hear threw the door as a lay on the bathroom floor in front of the toilet. I have no energy to move. I heard the door open and footsteps coming towards me.