Tala

It's been a couple weeks since Zero and I became an item, of course we didn't tell anyone, the only public thing that changed was me sitting with him during class. We still did our job in the evening and did watch at night.
     "What is going on with you 2? You're really close all of a sudden?" Yuki asked one night while walking together.
      "What do you mean? We've always been close."
     "One of the girl's told Yori they saw Zero kiss you while you guys were in the stables."
    "Kiss me where?"
    "On the neck! Are you guys together?"
    "Yuki, if and a big IF, Zero were to kiss me do you think it would be so public? Also, he wasn't kissing me he was drinking, a sudden hunger took over and he had too."
      "Oh right. Well I know he has kissed you."
     "What?!"
      "I might have overheard the headmaster scolding Zero for it," she smiled.
    "Oh," I said.
      "So are you 2 together?"
    "Uhm-"
    "Yuki, don't pry. If you really wanted to know why not just ask us?" Zero asked saving me.
    "Well, are you?" She asked.
    "Yes," Zero answered.
     "Does your dad know?"
    "I told him, but you know that while you overheard us," Zero said.
    "I wasn't the only one, Yagari was too!" Yuki said.
     "What?" I yelled.
     "Whoops," Yuki said.
     "That bastard! That's with all the sly smirks! I'll kill him!" I yelled.
     "Luna, you shouldn't threaten people. Especially, Yagari, he didn't do anything wrong. Perhaps his student should've told his master he was seeing the greatest hunter's daughter," Kaname said.
    I spun around pulling my blade from its resting place on my hip," Luna?" Yuki asked.
     "Why aren't you in class, Kaname?" Zero asked.
     "So quick to protect your lover, Kiryu," Kaname smiled
     That's when I realized Zero was in front of me blocking me from the now angry Kaname,"I'll protect her with my life. That's what I'm suppose to do. Now, answer my question," Zero growled.
     "The headmaster has asked to see me, as well as Luna. He asked me to get you on my way," he answered.
      "Why not call upon me himself?" I asked.
     "You can ask him yourself," Kaname answered.
       "Luna, no," Zero said.
     "I'll be okay. I'll find you after," I smiled.
    "Promise?"
    "I promise," I tiptoed and pecked his lips then followed beside Kaname.
       "You really do effect him, you know?" Kaname said when we were away from Zero.
     "I suppose. We've always been close ever since my dad brought him home," Kaname flinched when I said dad,"why did you flinch?"
    "You should hear it from him, not me," he sighed.
      "Okay," I shrugged.
    "You really don't feel it?"
    "Feel what?"
    "He'll tell you tonight. I'll make sure if it, but everything is going to change, even between you and the one you love," he sighed.
    "Zero," I said.
    "I'm afraid so, but it has to be done tonight," he sighed again.
    "As long as he's safe I don't know if I care. I could lose him tonight, couldn't I?"
    "Yes."
    "But I just got him. I don't want to lose him!" I tried to run. Kaname grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. I struggled," let me go!" I yelled.
     "It has to be done, before she gets here!" He said then it went black.
     When I woke up I was in the room down the hall from my dad's office. I walked in to see Kaname and dad sitting there,"you're awake, Tala," my dad said standing.
       "Tala?" I asked.
     "It's your actual name. How do you feel?" Kaname asked.
      "Incredibly hungry!" I said then felt my eyes shift and my canines elongate "What?" I asked holding my mouth.
     Then my head started to burn, I dropped to the ground holding my head while all my memories flooded back.
         *Flashback*
      "I'm sorry, but I have to do this. She'll take you from me if I don't, Tala. I'm turning you into a human. A man named Kien Cross is going to raise you as his own daughter. I'm going to make sure she never finds you. Kaname Kuran will find you and fix this when the time is right. Your brother will never forgive me, but it has to be done," a woman with silver hair said.
    "I do love you," a green eyed man said and kissed my forehead.
     Then a young version of Akaski stepped in front of me,"mother says I won't remember you until you wake up and when you do you'll be a pureblood because of Kaname. I love you, Tala!" He kissed my cheek then it went black.
        *End of Flashback*
       When I came back to I was drinking Kaname's blood. I jerked my head away,"you lied to me my whole life! Why? Why now when I was happy?" I yelled tears leaving my eyes.
     "I had too. You mother begged me too. I wanted to tell you, but couldn't. Zero will still love you," Kien said.
    "No, he wont. I'm the thing he hates the most. What is the Hunter's Association going to say? I'm a goddamn hunter!" I yelled.
    "That part is true. You are a hunter your DNA was mixed with one, mine actually, that was your mother's wish. She used my blood to finish the seal when Shizuka was coming for you," Kien answered.
     "Both Of Akaski parents are alive though!" I yelled.
     "No, he was raised by the Aido's. You do understand you're now a pureblood not an Aristocrat?" Kaname asked.
    "How?"
    "My blood. By biting you and feeding you my blood I overpowered the Aristocrat in you. You must transfer to the night class now," Kaname said.
    "What about Zero?" I asked.
    "He can transfer too," Kaname said.
     "He won't. Don't be dumb. I have to tell him this myself! I'm going to lose him!" I turned and ran out of the building.
     I found Zero by the lake,"why do you feel like them?" He asked me.
     "Please don't hate me, I didn't know," I whispered.
    "What do you mean?"
    "Everything was a lie to me, Zero. My real name is Tala. I'm Akaski's sister. I was an Aristocrat, now I'm a pureblood, because of Kaname. My real mother turned me human, I'm still a hunter though due to da- or Kien's blood. Zero, I swear I had no idea about it. I understand if you don't want me anymore, but please don't hate me!" I begged.
     "What gave you that idea?"
    "I'm a pureblood, I'm a vampire. I'm now what you hate the most!"
    "I should hate you, but I can't. I shouldn't love you, but I do. I should kill you, but I can't. I have to get use to this because I'm not losing you. Just like I really can't help that I do love you, Tala," he smiled.
    "Really?"
    "Yes."   
      "I thought I was going to lose you forever, Zero!" I ran to him and he caught me in his arms.
     "You said you'd be with me till I fell to Level E. That's what we're going to do!" He smiled.
"I have to transfer to the night class," I sighed.
    "I figured. We'll figure it out. I promise," he kissed me,"shouldn't you go see your brother?" He chuckled.
    "I forgot!" I pecked Zero on the lips and ran to the moon dorms.
     When I got there Akaski was in the parlor. As soon as I walked in he wrapped his arms around me,"How could I ever forget you?" He asked.
    "I could asked the same," I smiled.
    "What are you 2 doing? I thought Luna was with Kiryu? When did this happen?" Takuma asked.
    "This is Tala. My little sister," Akaski smiled letting me go.
    "Does Luna have a twin?" Hanbusa asked.
    "This is Luna! Our mother made her human, though she lost her life in the process. You feel more pureblood," Akaski said.
    "That's because she is.  A pureblood and a hunter. A pureblood hunter, first of her kind," Kaname said.
     Everyone bowed,"Lady Tala," they said.
    "Oh shit, nope! Stand up straight," I said.
     "I'll show you to your new room. You'll start night class tonight," Kaname said.
    " I gotta go get my stuff. Will I ever be able to use my blades?"
     "The headmaster and Zero are bringing your stuff. Yes, you can still use them like Zero can still use the Bloody Rose, since you blades have handles," he answered.
    "Okay," I said.
        Akaski gave me another hug and I was led to my room, next to Kaname's.
       Zero and Kien brought my stuff later that day. Kien left quickly while Zero hung back,"do you have to stare?" I asked.
       "Sorry, just gonna be new dating a vampire," he smiled.
      "Take it from personal experience, it's just like dating a human," I smiled and so did he,"I'm sorry. If I'd known I'd told you."
     "I know. Just do me a favor?"
    "Yeah?"
     "Don't dump me for a Level B, or even Kaname. You both being purebloods and all," he smiled.
    "Never. I like my Level E," I smiled.
     Zero's eyes went crimson,"sorry," he said and looked away.
      "Come here," I smiled. He did and I moved my hair to the side,"bite," I said.
      He didn't hesitate and only took a little,"your feelings are more elevated," he smiled.
     "Yeah, comes with the territory," I laughed.
     "I smelled blood. Are you okay?" Hanbusa barged in.
      "I'm fine. Feeding my guy," I smiled.
     "Akaski may not like that, or Lord Kaname," he said.
    "I don't care what they think," I rolled my eyes.
    "It's her blood," Kaname said,"now leave them alone!" He demanded. I chuckled as he left and closed the door.
      "I should go," Zero said.
    "Stay until I fall asleep?" I asked grabbing his hand.
     "Yeah," he smiled.
     We crawled on my bed, I put my head on Zero's chest. He wrapped one arm around my waist while the other rubbed up and down my spine. I placed a kiss in his neck and drifted off to sleep.