Her

When I woke up later that night Zero was gone, probably due to it being so close to gate time. I changed into the night class uniform and walked down to the parlor.
     "Seeing you dressed like that makes me pretty happy," Akatski smiled.
    "Awe, thanks," I smiled.
     "Are you ready?" Kaname asked.
     "Yes, Lord Kaname," everyone answered.
     "Tala, don't be nervous," Kaname smiled to me.
    "Never with my brother around," I smiled and we left.
      Hanabusa and Akatski were to the very front, followed by Senri and Rima, Ruka and Takuma, Kaname and I, then Serien following in last.
     All the day class girls kept giving me dirty looks and whispering,"why did she get to transfer?" One asked.
     "I heard it's because her and Zero broke up," another one said.
    "Don't let them get to you," Ruka smiled back to me.
    "Thanks," I smiled.
    "Good evening, Yuki," Kaname smiled.
    "Good evening, Lord Kaname," Yuki blushed.
     "Yuki," I smiled.
    "Luna or-uh- Tala," she smiled and waved.
     A little further down the side walk Zero was blocking the girl's,"Zero," I smiled.
     "Tala," he breathed out.
     "You shouldn't sneak out of a girl's room," I whispered.
    "I tried to wake you up," He chuckled.
    "I'll see you later," I smiled.
    "Yeah," He winked and we kept walking.
         We were waiting for Yagari talking when a new vampire entered, I turned to her,"who the hell are you?" Hanbusa asked.
       She jumped on the table in front of him," Hell? How rude."
     "That's enough Maria," Kaname said.
      "Yes, Lord Kaname. It's so wonderful to be in the presence of 2 purebloods," she kissed Kaname's hand then my own.
     "Yikes," I whispered to Akatski.
      "I can feel I'm not welcome here, I'll go," she said then left.
       We went on with class anyway. When it was over I walked out last to see Zero by the pillars. I ran up to him and launched myself on him. He caught me in a hug. He quickly pecked my lips and put me down. We walked back to the moon dorms slowly hand-in-hand.
     "are you going to the ball?" I smiled. 
     "Yeah, on duty," he answered.
     "Dance at least once with me?" I asked.
     "How could I tell you no?"
    "Yay," I smiled.
       When we got to the dorms I kissed Zero, then went to my room and crawled in bed. The ball was still a couple nights away, so I attended class like I was suppose to and Zero walked me back in the morning.
       On the night if the ball I decided to keep it as casual as I could. I straightened my long silver hair, applied very light make up, and wore a thigh length dress. I walked down to the parlor area,"everyone got way more dressed up then I did," I said.
      "Lady Tala. You look amazing!" Takuma smiled.
     "Thanks. How do we do this? Do we wait on Kaname or just go?" I asked.
      "We actually stayed behind for you," Akatski smiled.
     "Oh, well, I'm ready," I smiled.
           When we got to the doors Zero was standing there,"wow," he smiled.
       "What?" I asked.
      "You look amazing," he smiled.
      "You 2 are gonna dance tonight right? It would make a great picture," Kien smiled.
     "We are, and no," Zero said.
      "Tala, I do know you're upset with me, but may I ask for a dance?" Kien asked.
    "Sure," I smiled.
    "Shall we?" He smiled.
     "We shall," I smiled. I kissed Zero's cheek and walked in to dance with Kien.
      "Do you hate me?" He asked.
     "No, I probably should, but I don't. You just did what my mother asked you to. Besides, I don't remember my real father, you're the closest thing I got, dad," I smiled.
     "Thank you," He smiled.
       When the song ended Kien hugged me and passed me to my brother. We dance to a couple songs when I spotted Zero. I looked at Akatski and he smiled and nodded. I broke away with a hug and a kiss to the cheek and walked to Zero.
    "Hey you," I smiled.
    "May I?" He asked holding out his hand.
     "You may," I smiled and took his hand.
       We were well aware of people watching us, but we didn't care. We danced to a couple of songs then I noticed Takuma looking down on us from the balcony. I looked at Zero to see he noticed it too.
      We walked up to see Kaname glaring at the old teacher's housing,"where's Yuki?" I asked.
    "You know, Zero, for someone who is simply alive for the purpose of protecting Yuki, she seems to lose your attention a lot now a days," Kaname said.
    "Shit,"he said and jumped from the balcony.
    "He's alive because I allow it, not just to protect Yuki  if you ever hurt him, I'd kill you," I growled.
     "He was tasked with this when he bit her."
     "He hasn't bit her since that 1 time. You realize I'd challenge you if you kill him, right? I get it, you love Yuki, you'd protect her at any cost, trust me. I get it. That being said, I love Zero, a lot, so I myself would do anything to protect him."
    "I know. He feels the same, that's why you were to be taken as my own if Yuki were to die. It motivates him better when I throw you in the lot."
     "Don't use me like that!" I yelled and slapped Kaname.
      I stood on the edge of the railing,"where are you going?" Kaname asked and grabbed my wrist.
     "After my boy, because that's what real couples do, go after each other. He needs me!" I pulled free and jumped then ran after Zero.
      I caught up to him,"what're you doing?" He asked.
     "Helping you. Hello, your girlfriend is a pureblood," I smiled. 
     "Thank god,"he smiled and we ran inside.
       We got to the room Zero led us to just us Shizuka was about to bite Yuki,"hands off!" I yelled.
     "If I don't?" Shizuka asked.
      "I'll kill you," Zero and I growled at the same time.
      Zero grabbed Yuki, but Shizuka did something to him and his grip tightened on Yuki. She then bit Zero then glared at me,"I barley have a hold on my toy because of you, you're a new pureblood. You'll do too," she smiled.
      Just as I pulled my knife she grabbed a hold of me and pulled me to her. She leaned into my neck when I head a gunshot. I looked over to see Zero shot himself in the leg.
      "Zero, let me do this," Yuki said.
     "I told you, you'd never become a vampire," he growled.
        "Her blood can save you!" Yuki yelled.
     "What?" I asked.
     "It's true, the the way it sounds he feeds from you enough you're probably saving him more," Yuki said.
      "Everyday," Zero said.
     "Always," I said.
         Shizuka let me go and pushed me to Zero. He grabbed my cheek with one hand then passed Yuki to me and shoved us behind him. He then shot Shizuka in the chest multiple times. A man who looked identical to Zero walks in and Shizuka fled.
      "Ichiru," Zero said.
     "Hello, brother," the man said.
        Ichiru and Zero got into a huge fight. I pushed Yuki more into a corner behind me. Ichiru stabbed Zero in the arm and I flinched. The fight felt like it went on forever when Ichiru said,"Shizuka," and left the room.
     "I'm going after them," Zero said.
     "Wait, what are you doing after?" Yuki asked.
     Zero didn't answer he just looked at me,"no, please," I whispered.
    "What?" Yuki asked.  
      "He was going to kill himself.   You were gonna leave me all alone to deal with this? What happened to until you're an Level E, you bastard?" I yelled.
     "Tala!" I heard Akatski.
     "I promise I won't," he said.
"You're not going alone. Akatski hold Yuki," I said and pushed her to him.
       When we got to the room the blood trail led us to the only people in the room was Kaname and Kien. Shizuka was dead and Ichiru was gone.