RainerSalt

Oh, I? You want to know about me?

*scratches his head*

I'm originally a physicist, but my current job involves a lot of writing—boring, technical writing, that is. When I first blundered into Wattpad to stalk my daughter (with her permission), I had no idea that I'd ever want to do stories. But then it just happened: I got the virus. 

I was around when @adultfiction saw the light of day, and it made me happy to find a community of seasoned folks here: the type of people who know that grownups dream, crave, love, and struggle just like any teen.

When it comes to writing and critiquing, I'm a stickler for grammar and other formalities, and I totally don't mind if others tell me where I go wrong. But, on the other hand, I'm convinced that plot, story structure, and characters are much more important, and I love to analyze/hear what works and what doesn't in a book—it's a great way to learn the craft.

Things to look out for while reviewing my story:
Since the book club seems to concentrate on the opening chapters, I'd be particularly interested in getting feedback on how they work: What would make a reader put the book away and what would make them continue?

RainerSalt for the book club submitted his story The Craving - Marooned.