EvelynHail

Born in a fractured country uprooted by the Yugoslav wars, I learned to fight and read at the same time.

That wasn't enough to keep my single mum and me clothed and fed, so we sought refuge in faraway Ireland. There I discovered my Galway Girl soul and my love for the English language.

Years later, I returned to mainland Europe, earned two PhDs in English and Latin American Lit, and settled in Madrid.

These days, I work as a uni teacher, program in Python, and write books in English and Spanish.

'I've been through a lot of pain and dirt
And I've got the scars to prove it ♫'

I climbed the ladder from zero to hero.
I survived, adapted and endured, and this in turn gave birth to a plethora of creative stories.

*Wattpad Editors' Choice*
*ONC 2020 Winner*
*Wattys2018 Shortlist*
*Wattpad Senior Ambassador*

For the Book Club, Evelyn has now submitted her story Mind The Gap

[EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass.
A bond forms between them.
But will it hold when their trains are bound for different destinations?

Evan's heart has been bleeding since his little family was torn apart by divorce, and his nose runs with a cold. Trying to pick up the pieces of his life, he has changed cities, and he's about to change jobs. And he has run out of tissues.

A woman's blue hair catches his eye at a train station. And her smile, fortified by braces, catches his heart.

Sitting in her train, Iris revels in her future perfect. Her work is finally getting published and she has found Mr. Right. Nothing could go wrong now.

Gazing out of the window, she sees the stranger. He looks miserable and sneezes, but her hands want to tousle his bed hair.

A random encounter at a subway station. But both of them are caught in their tracks and when their trains pull apart, they don't expect to meet again.

⭐⭐⭐

Things to look out for when reviewing my story

The kind of feedback I am after is related to developmental edit since I (we! ☔️y and I <3 )am planning on adding about 15-20k words more to the book. So I would love to see if the bookclubbies can help us with some suggestions on where would they add more 'fat' on the book. In the middle, in the end, what scenes would they like to see between the two protagonists. This will help us a lot in selecting the material for expansion <3 Thank you so much!