Sanguine x Reader ~Fluff~

I've been meaning to write one of these. I absolutely love Sanguine. <3 

I woke up and stretched, feeling all my joints and bones pop and crack from laying down for so long. I sighed and swung my feet over, stepping on the soft/hard ground. I saw my reflection in my full body mirror. I made weird face at my reflection. Anyway, I was currently living with my best friend, Sam Guevenne. He was currently out getting more mage books. I got up, ignoring my reflection in the mirror, and walked to the living room. I sat on the couch to relax, grabbing my favorite book, and laying down. I was too sucked into my book, I didn't realize the robed man standing before me. 

"Y/n, move please." I didn't reply. I flipped a page, and Sam groaned. 

"Y/n, please... my feet hurt from standing for so long. I need to sit." He begged, but I didn't notice. "Y/n, I swear, if you don't respond again, I'll uh... cast a spell on you...and not a good one." He threatened playfully. I flipped another page. I looked up and saw Sam.

"Oh, hey, Sam. How was your book shopping?" I asked with a smile. Sam groaned, and just sat on my lower legs. I frowned.

"Hey, you could at least ask me to move." I yelled.

"I did. Five times or so." My face turned red.

"Sorry, I was sucked into my-" I glanced at my book, still in my hands, and shut it and set it aside. Sam ran a hand through his messy, black hair, letting it fall over his face. He let out another groan, very frustrated with me. Sam got up, allowing me to sit up so he could sit down. Once he did, he turned his body towards me, leaning back and having his knees up, taking up half the couch. I followed his position, and stared at his eyes. 

"Oh, and my shopping was great. I found more spells I guess,...even though I know mostly all spells." Sam spoke, letting his eyes wander the house.

"That's great." I stared particularly at a mirror we have in the living room, seeing the messy hair, tired eyes,.. It grosses me out. Sam saw me deep in thought, and shoved my shoulder lightly.

"Hey, are you feeling okay? You don't look too good." He said. 

'I mean he's not wrong when he says 'I don't look too good'...' I thought.  Sam frowned.

"What do you mean?" He said. I tilted my head confused. 

"You can read minds?" I asked. He laughed. 'Oh now he's laughing at me...I'm used to that...'

"Y/n, I'm not laughing at you. I got a new spellbook that shows how you can read someone's mind." Sam laughed once more, and I frowned.

"But you're still laughing..." I argued. I scrunched my legs up more, hugging them. Sam stopped laughing, even though I kind of liked his laugh. He went to go to my side, but I stopped him.

"Don't...please." I said. This seemed to hurt Sam.

"Y/n,.. tell Uncle Sam the truth...are you okay?" Sam backed away. I rested my head on my knees, mumbling something.

"I didn't hear you, N/n..." Sam's voice held tons of concern and worry. He disobeyed my warning, and sat next to me. There was no space between us, hence the couch was not wide, and I tried to scoot away. I couldn't. Sighing in defeat, I held my head up. I wasn't facing the mage.

"It's just...I can't see myself in the mirror." I said. Sam looked confused.

"You're not a vampire, and I see you in the mirror just fine. (Sorry vamps out there! No hate, I swear! Love your fangs, by the way!)" said a confused Sam. Sam took hold of my hand, making me look at him.

"I'm not attractive enough, I guess, to find someone, you know? I mean, that lady working at the food stand, she complains because men love her... I haven't had one single man in my life." I admitted. Sam let out a chuckle.

"You're doing it again, Sam." I grumbled. Sam sighed.

"You forget that I'm your best friend. I'm a male, you're a female..." He tried hinting.

"I don't think you understand. I mean... I want...I want someone to hold me tight, kiss me, hug me.." I continued, and Sam nodded, understandingly.

"You want a boyfriend, then." I took the advantage to lay down, and Sam frowned.

"I wanted to sit." He said.

"Well you're standing so tough luck." His brows furrowed.

"Why are you so upset, dear..." I pulled Sam's hand towards me, making him fall on me. His face turned pink, and he didn't know what to do.

"Y-....Y/...Y/n...." He stuttered out. Clearly, he was surprised.

"Just stay with me and shut up, will you?" He adjusted himself so he was next to me, still laying down. I cuddled into his shoulder, my face becoming a little warm. He stroked my hair, holding me tighter. He placed a kiss on the top of my head, making the warmth increase.

"Thanks for staying with me..." I mumbled. I felt something cold touch me, and saw Sam changed into his Sanguine form. 

"Of course,..." His normal smooth yet rough voice became rough and deeper.  Sanguine cast a spell, and we were suddenly in his room. He pulled me closer, wanting the heat the radiated off of me. I faced him, and he pecked my lips. I frowned in dissatisfaction. I kissed him, and he kissed back. He let my hands roam his dark hair, playing with his horns. He backed away from the kiss, and smiled.

"I guess you're better than that lady in Whiterun." Sanguine smirked.

"How so?" He pecked my warm lips again.

"You're dating a Daedric Lord, while she has mortals attracted to her. You...have me." I grinned and kissed him again. I hugged him tightly, and lay on his chest, listening to his soothing heartbeat.

973 words. :)