22

Tom's POV

"Put me down, you lunatic!" Claire gasped, trying to squirm out of my grasp.

"Never!" I laughed, kissing her again until we were both breathless.

"Come on, Tom! We really do need to get going!" Luke called loudly from just outside the door.

I sighed deeply, resting my forehead against hers for a moment. "All right, I'll be right down!"

"Now you know why I'm the one who does the leaving, Thomas," she said quietly. "Put me down, Thomas."

"It's much harder than I thought it would be," I sighed, reluctantly setting Claire back down on her feet. The feel of her body sliding down mine only turned me on further - in no way encouraging me to leave her. "I'm sorry, darling. I'll ring you when I get a break today, all right?"

"All right."

"Hurry up, Hiddleston!" Luke called impatiently, pounding on the door again for good measure. Claire promptly slapped one hand over her lips, smothering a giggle.

"I'm still glad you came."

"Bye, Tom," she smirked, bodily pushing me towards the door.

"Until tomorrow, darling; I so look forward to spending the evening with you."

I leaned down to kiss her one last time; the next thing I knew I was standing in the hallway staring bemusedly at my now closed bedroom door, hearing the snick of the lock sliding home.

Luke blinked at me, just as taken aback as I was at my sudden appearance. "I take it that was your Claire?"

"Yup."

He gestured at the door. "Did she just-"

"Yes, yes she did."

"Oh."

"Yup." I felt a smile stretching across my face. "Life is never boring around Claire."

*   *

I had to keep myself from smiling and ruining the take when I glanced over at the sidelines to see a familiar brunette standing beside Luke, waiting for me to be done with this scene. It seemed like I'd waited forever for her to arrive, but at long last, Sadie Wilson was finally here in London again.

The moment the director called cut, I rushed over to her. I was so happy to see her that I wanted to pick her up and spin her around - but I knew that would only lead to a panic attack, so I forced myself to calm down. I kissed her cheek and folded her into a tight hug, my arms wrapping all the way around her.

"How was your flight, darling?"

"It was long, as always." Sadie squeezed back, leaning her head on my shoulder and just holding on for a minute. "I've missed you, Tom."

I breathed in her familiar scent only to realize that she and Claire used the same shampoo. I ran my hands up and down Sadie's back, pleased to see that she'd finally regained some of the weight she'd lost following Justin's untimely death. She was still slimmer than someone her height should be - but at least now her bones weren't as prominent during an embrace.

"And I've missed you dreadfully, Sadie. Come, let me introduce you to Janie." I tucked her hand into the crook of my elbow. "Everyone's excited to meet you."

She looked over at Luke, raising an eyebrow. "Really?"

He shrugged and gave her an apologetic smile. "You know Tom, Sadie."

"Sorry; I may have let slip that I was looking forward to seeing you today," I grinned, not sorry at all.

Sadie only rolled her eyes at me and laughed. "I might forgive you, Hiddleston...eventually."