25

Claire's POV

"Kara's certainly enjoying herself," Luke remarked as he handed me another drink.

"Thanks Lukie," I smiled, tucking my phone away. "She really is, isn't she. Don't tell her I told you this, but she almost didn't come with tonight."

"Really? Why?"

"Little bit of cold feet at the last minute; she thought she was just gonna be a third wheel or some other bullshit."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Our Kara?"

"I know, right?" I laughed. "Not possible." 

We both knew Kara was one of those people who made new friends everywhere she went - and it had certainly helped that Tom was more than willing to introduce her to any and all of the celebrities that stopped to talk to him.

"Definitely not," Luke chuckled. "Look at our girl now, having the time of her life!"

"Yeah, and we're the ones who're gonna be hearing about it for a long time," I sighed as we watched Eddie spinning Kara around while Tom danced with Hannah.

I tried not to notice how attractively rumpled Tom looked right now, having undone a couple of buttons and rolled up his sleeves a while ago. He and some of his friends had been dancing with us both all night. I made sure to take plenty pictures and videos for Kara, knowing she'd want to show the rest of the girls at the office first thing.

"Oh, you," Luke bumped his hip against mine and I knew if I looked over at him he'd be rolling his eyes at me. "As if you're not enjoying yourself just as much, missy."

"Oh, I'll admit it's great to be out with Kara again; I haven't done that in a while."

"And being out with Tom?"

"So, you meet anyone worthwhile tonight?" I asked, abruptly changing the subject; I was so NOT having this discussion with Luke right now.

He shook his head and took another drink of his beer. "Not really looking, Angel."

"Well, I've seen a certain blond that's sure been looking at you, Lukie." I gestured to the guy I'd noticed staring at Luke whenever he wasn't looking - well aware that Luke had been checking him out all night, too. "You should grab another beer and chat him up."

"What if he's really just looking at you?"

"Is your gaydar broken?" I rolled my eyes at him, pushing him towards the blond. "Get going already, you chicken!"

"You know, most people go to a concert to listen to the music," Zach Levi said in my ear, using the excuse of conversation to put his arm around me.

I glanced over, taking in his amused smirk; Disney definitely had his number when they cast him as both Fandral and Flynn - tall, charming and handsome. He knew it, too.

"Everyone except Tom," I agreed. "You've known him awhile now; is there anything he isn't good at?"

He blinked at me. "Give me a bit; I'm sure I can think of something."

I didn't doubt it, having already witnessed their competitiveness. Like he knew we were talking about him, Tom looked over just then with a smile; the song ended and he started making his way over to us, only to be waylaid by more of his friends.

"Shall we make him jealous?" Zach smirked, hazel eyes full of mischief as he held his hand out to me in invitation. "Dance the next song with me - he's watching."

The opening notes of Photograph playing to overwhelmingly loud crowd approval decided me. Of course the one song I'd hoped wouldn't be played tonight was also his biggest hit; this was mine and Jacob's song. Even before Ed crooned the first words, my heart was already aching as a hundred memories I'd repressed forced their way back, reminding me again of all that I'd lost.