chapter six {edited}

my dad is the worst exercise coach ever.

friday, july 17
back at the s.h.i.e.l.d. helicarrier
third person pov

Tony glanced at the monitor in front of him. A small version of the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.  paced before a glass container, talking to the Asgardian prisoner.

In another room, the kid, now identified as Agent Mischief, Coulson's nephew, scoffed at the handcuffed God.

"That's the God of Mischief? I could be more mischievous in my sleep."

Natasha rolled her eyes at the incredulous Stiles, "I'm pretty sure you have. Didn't you sleep prank Clin—" She trailed off, worrying her bottom lip between her teeth as her eyes went blank.

Sensing her fear and worry, Stiles stepped closer and wrapped an arm around her, "We'll find Clint. I still have to get back at him for Budapest."

Nat's face softened a bit, and she offered him a nod and a half-there smile. They walked out of the room, strolling to the room where the others waited.

"I'm gonna go find Uncle Coulson. Be there soon, Nat."

He turned and jogged away, presumably to Agent Coulson's office.

Natasha melted away, and Black Widow stepped through the doors and into the room with the others.

"Have care how you speak," Thor boomed, "Loki is beyond reason but he is of Asgard, and he is my brother."

"He killed eighty people in two days," Nat said from the doorway, the other heroes in the room paused to look at her. They made space for her before the monitor.

"He's adopted?" Thor offered, voice strained.

Banner seemed in his own world before speaking, "If he's using Selvig to create another portal for his army, than it's all about the mechanics. Iridium, what do they need the Iridium for?"

"It's a stabilizing agent."

Everyone stared wide-eyed at who they knew as Agent Mischief, who stood by his Uncle in the doorway.

Tony pondered the words and then his eyes lit up in understanding. "He's right, the rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source of high energy density. Something to—kick start the cube."

"Loki would have to heat up the Cube to a hundred and twenty million kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier," Banner quipped.

Tony nodded at Banner and commented, "Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the Quantum Tunneling effect."

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve heavy-ion fusion at any reactor on the planet," Stiles continued.

Tony grinned at the doctor and the kid who took down a god, "Finally, people who speak English."

He shook both of their hands.

Steve glanced at Natasha, whispering, "Is that what they call what just happened?"

Tony looked at the both of the geniuses in front of him and gestured between the two of them. "I guess you all will be helping me find this Cube."