chapter seventeen

spines be ouchin'
hearts be breakin'
minds be losin'

friday, august 1
the lupus lacum
third person pov

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, Stiles, now stop your whining and get ready."

Stiles rolled his eyes at Nat before trudging back to his room. Thomas lay in their bed, his blonde hair fluttering as he breathed in his sleep.

Stiles smiled softly at his adorable boyfriend before stepping into the attached bathroom. After he showered he stepped back into their room, a towel around his waist.

He walked over to the dresser but stopped when a whimper escaped Thomas' lips. He turned to look at the blonde who's chest moved quickly as he thrashed around softly in the sheets.

".....no....please," his voice was breathy, his eyes moving beneath their lids.

He was having a nightmare. Stiles slipped on sweatpants before running over to his distressed doctor.

"Tommy, wake up, baby," Stiles lightly shook his shoulders, trying not to startle him.

".....not again......please......i don't want to call you that.......stop it.......no no no," Stiles' heart broke at the pleading terror in Thomas' voice.

"Tommy!" His voice was more urgent now, "wake up, please, baby, it's not real."

Thomas shot straight up, his eyes wide as tears started to spill. Stiles wrapped his arms around Thomas and let him cry into his shoulder.

"Shhhh, it wasn't real. It was a nightmare, Tommy, I'm here. It's me, Stiles. The stubborn superhero that never listens to your medical orders, but the one that is wrapped so tightly around your finger that you could smile at me and I'd melt into a pile of goo."

A small chuckle escaped in the midst of a sob and Thomas looked up at Stiles, his eyes red and wet.

"Tell me about your dream."

Thomas looked down, and Stiles lifted his chin, wiping the remaining tears away softly with his thumb.

"You don't have to, but when you're ready, I'll be here."

Thomas nodded and snuggled further into Stiles' chest.

They stayed there until Nat crashed in, "Oh, um, sorry to interrupt, but you got school in twenty minutes."

She closed the door and you could hear her slide down the staircase with a laugh.

"The way she acts, you'd think she'd be the one in high school."

Thomas laughed, walking into the bathroom.

———————

friday, august 1
beacon hills high school
third person pov

"How are you in all my classes?!"

Thomas looked at his AP schedule that matched Stiles' perfectly.

"Geez, Tommy, I know you're like the smart child prodigy doctor and everything, but I'm still a genius. Plus are you complaining that you have classes with me?!?"