chapter twelve

my friend won mario kart, so he's making me put a picture of myself in a chapter. since i don't have any good pictures rn, i'll put one in next chapter.
:((

now for some depressing shit

sunday, july 27
s.h.i.e.l.d. helicarrier
third person pov

Stiles felt shock, the undeniable feeling of disbelief, and bitter rage fill him.

Tears filled his eyes.

He pushed them down.

S.H.I.E.L.D. agents don't cry, he reminded himself.

They do when they find out their father died.

The next thing Stiles registered was a loud crash and arms wrapping around him.

He was in his S.H.I.E.L.D. room, and his desk was on the other side of the room near a hole in the wall.

Natasha and Clint were hugging him, the comfort their arms provided undeniable.

"Tell me it's not true," he sobbed.

"I'm sorry, Mischief."

The tone of Clint's voice made Stiles' knees buckle, and he went to the ground.

"He can't be dead, he can't be," Stiles shook his head, "not him too."

Stiles didn't know how long he sat there sobbing, but after awhile, Natasha left and brought someone else in.

"You're the only one that can calm him down," she said.

Thomas sent a doubtful look towards the redhead.

She rolled her eyes, motioning for him to go.

"Stiles."

Thomas swallowed hard, his eyes becoming watery at the sight of his crumpled boyfriend. He knelt down next the the distraught brunette.

Stiles' breaths were coming in short gasps, and a part of Stiles knew he was having a panic attack. The rest of him, however, ignored the tingling feeling that was starting in his feet and the panic that overwhelmed him.

He just rocked back and forth, back and forth.

Thomas just wanted to swoop Stiles into his arms, but he knew that touch wasn't a great thing when you're having a panic attack.

A soft, melodic voice entered a part of Stiles' subconscious.

It felt like a fresh breath of air to Stiles, just hearing it. He stopped rocking, and now you could clearly see how hard he was shaking.

The voice got louder and louder as Stiles started to gain control of his mind, pushing back the animal panic he had felt earlier.

"Stiles, It's me, Thomas. I'm right here, babe. I'm never gonna leave, okay. You're in S.H.I.E.L.D. You're safe."

The shaking went away and his breathing was normal. All that was left was the sobs that racked through him.