Chapter One

It's a boring day. I'm sleepy, I just want to get the day over with. I'm looking at my professor and all I could hear is blah blah blah blah blah! Next thing I know my eyes are getting heavy. I feel like my head with fall on this desk any minute now.

Professor: Am I boring you Ms. Y/n!? My professor scolded me into of everyone.

Y/n: N-no sir. You know it's been kind of hard these last few days having my dog run away and me searching for him all night. I lied right through my pearly white teeth.

Professor: Maybe you should go to sleep a little earlier. Pay attention. He said in a soft voice. I guess he let me off the hook. I heard giggling beside me so I turned to see who it was.

Y/n: Are you laughing at me? I shot him a death glare.

???: Yes. He continued to laugh.

Y/n: Show some sympathy. I snapped.

???: I would if you actually had a dog.

Y/n: Whatever pretty boy. I rolled my eyes playfully and started to pay attention.

???: You still call me that. He blushed.

Y/n: Of course Joonie, and I'm the only one that can call you that. I smiled at him and then turned my attention back to the board. I gave him that nickname when I first met him freshman year. He was beautiful and a Korean who was fluent in English. I was so shy around him and one day he mysteriously got transferred into my class. He asked me to help him with a project and the first time he came to my dorm room I unconsciously gave him the nickname pretty boy.

His real name is Kim Namjoon and we've been friends for 2 years. He was my best friend. I cared about him so much. Sometimes I wish we was more but I don't want to risk losing him. He broke me out of my shy shell. We've told each other everything and I trust him with my life but I just can't shake the feeling that maybe he's hiding something from me.

Who am I you may ask? I'm Y/n Y/l/n, and I'm American and I'm 20. I'm from a small town in Washington. I'm studying medicine because I want to become a doctor. My parents died in a car crash when I was 15 and all I got was 4 stupid broken ribs and a concussion. I was depressed until I realized I wanted to save lives.

Namjoon: Y/N!?

Y/n: Hmm? I said tryna shake my thoughts.

Namjoon: Time to go babygirl.

Y/n: Right. Whenever he call me babygirl I blushed so hard and my heart skips a beat. It was his first nickname for me. I packed my stuff up and we headed out.

Namjoon: So what's the plan for the weekend?

Y/n: What's so special about this weekend again?

Namjoon: It's your birthday pabo! And it's the beginning of Summer Break. We should travel!

Y/n: So you're not taking Summer courses?

NamJoon: Nope. I want to see the world more with my best friend.

Y/n: Well your best friend doesn't have money like you hotshot. I joked.

Namjoon: Let me take care of that!

Y/n: I can't let you do that! I said in a more serious tone.

Namjoon: Please let me do this for you! Think of it as a long birthday present.

Y/n: I don't know Joonie, it seems like a lot. I bit my bottom lip. He seems so serious and excited about this. I don't want to turn him down but then again I don't want him to spend all that money on me. When we went to Europe for Christmas Break it was a lot. Of course I paid for myself with the money my parents left.

I still have enough left over but this trip seems like it'll bankrupt me lol. And paying for two people!? That's ridiculous! No matter how wealthy he is, I don't think I can let him spend that on me.

Namjoon: Please just think about it! He pleaded.

Y/n: Okay pretty boy, I'll think about it. I reassured him. Few minutes later we were in front of my dorm. See you tomorrow!

Namjoon: No hug!? He said trying to act hurt. I gave him hug and I felt like I was drowning in his scent. See you later tonight because we have to study.

Y/n: Right! See ya later then. I went inside my dorm. I walked over to my room and threw myself on my bed and let out a long sign. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME KIM NAMJOON! I yelled into my pillow.

Rhania: What are you screaming about? I turned over and stared up at ceiling. I sighed.

Y/n: Namjoon, he wants me to go on a trip with him. I said, contemplating.

Rhania: To where.

Y/n: All over.

Rhania: That sounds exciting. She said while plopping on the side of me.

Y/n: Rhy, I can't even be in the hallway alone with him without getting flustered, let alone going on a trip. I pouted.

Rhania: Come on, it could be fun! Besides I'm not going to be here and you're not spending another summer break alone! I won't allow it! She argued.

Y/n: I don't know. I put my pillow back over my face and sighed again. I sigh a lot...

Namjoon's POV

I walked inside of my dorm room, blushing my face off. I threw my keys in a bowl beside the door and went to sit on the couch.

Hoseok: What are you blushing about?

Namjoon: Nothing. I lied.

Hoseok: It's that Y/n girl isn't it? He smirked.

Namjoon: No. I lied again.

Hoseok: So you don't mind if I ask her out. I shot him a death glare.

Namjoon: She's off limits.

Hoseok: Thought so. I rolled my eyes as he laughed and went to my room. I laid on my bed thinking about Y/n. She truly is special.