Chapter Nine

Screw that tradition, if I can't have Y/n as my Queen then I won't be King. I left the house rushing to the hotel and just hoped that she's still here when I get there. I hurried and got on the elevator but it didn't move fast enough for me. Sprinting to our room, I found her seen her packing. She threw on some joggers and a hoodie, and her hair was in a messy bun, that's when I realized she wasn't kidding.

Namjoon: Y/n please listen to me.

Y/n: I don't want to talk. She said in a calm voice.

Namjoon: Please you need to know why I kept it a secret from you.

Y/n: No I don't. She said while continuing to pack.

Namjoon: Y/n. She stop what she was doing and folded her arms.

Y/n: Okay talk. She sassed.

Namjoon: I wanted you to like me for me. I wanted you to know the real me. When I first saw you, I thought you were crazy beautiful. Let's just say it's not a coincidence that I was transferred into your classes and assigned to be your partner. I did all that to get close to you, I wanted to know you. I fell in love with you.

Y/n: Okay but you known me for two years, you could of told me somewhere along the line, put yourself in my shoes... Do you trust me?

Namjoon: Of course I do. She sighed and looked away from me but I went and stood in front of her.

Y/n: And Irene.

Namjoon: I don't care about her. I've only seen her once and that was before I left the country. I love you Y/n. I pleaded. She started to tear up and looked away once again. I held her chin to make her look at me. Do you love me? She didn't say anything as a tear rolled down her face. Do you love me Y/n?

Y/n: Yes. She whispered.

Namjoon: Then marry me.

Y/n: What? She threw me the same glance that matched her voice.

Namjoon: Marry me, be my wife.

Y/n: I... I can't.

Namjoon: Why not?

Y/n: Your inheritance and traditions and all of that stuff your mother talked about and your family. You can't throw that away because me, your country needs a King.

Namjoon: And I need a Queen. I countered.

Y/n: You have one... she inhaled deeply; Irene. She breathed out.

Namjoon: Y/n please don't do this. I pleaded.

Y/n: I'll always love you Joonie but I have to go, it's the right thing to do.

Namjoon: No! Please don't leave me. I begged.

Y/n: What kind of best friend would I be if I took you away from your family. Tears were now flowing from both of our eyes. She turned to leave but I held onto to her.

Namjoon: No! I won't allow it!

Y/n: Please let me go. She whispers, she kissed me deeply and I responded instantly, not wanting to let her go. She pulled away. I love you. She went to her suitcase and closed it. She looked at me one last time before grabbing her suitcase to leave.

She didn't look back, as she got to the door she stopped and I hoped she would turn around but she didn't, she kept going. I fell to my knees, my father told me that we should never go to our knees nor be weak but she's the only person that could do this to me.