Chapter Eight

Namjoon: It's never to late to turn around. I said, trying to talk her out of it.

Y/n: Joon, we're already here. She giggled. I opened the door and we walked inside.

Mia: Your- I instantly shook my head no without Y/n seeing. Your... dress is pretty.

Y/n: Um, thank you

Y/n: Um, thank you. She said shyly. She wore a simple black, skin tight dress but she still looked stunning. We walked into the dining room to be greeted by my parents.

Mother: Namjoon. She hugged me and then hugged Y/n. And you must be Y/n, you're prettier than I imagined.

Y/n: Thank you Mrs. Kim.

Mother: This is my husband, Mr. Kim. My dad looked at her with confusion as she nudged his arm. He awkwardly smiled.

Y/n: Pleasure to meet you Mr. Kim.

Father: Pleasure is all mine. We sat at the table so we could eat. After dinner we had a great conversation and I could tell my mom really liked her but my dad's poker face was very alarming. I didn't know what he thought.

Mother: So Y/n what are you studying. She asked as she sipped from her glass of champagne.

Y/n: Biological cellular and molecular. I want to be a doctor.

Mother: Really what made you want to go into that?

Y/n: I lost my parents when I was 15. There was nothing anyone could do to save them so I started to feel hatred towards everything, and I wanted to give up. Then I had a talk with my counselor about finding my way, my calling. That's when I realized I wanted to help people and save lives so I started to study biology and medicine. She explained throughly.

Mother: That's amazing. Let's go to the rose garden.

Y/n: Um, okay. They left to go to the garden, leaving me with my dad.

Namjoon: So what do you think about her?

Father: I think she's a very intelligent young lady, but I'm not changing my mind. My smile faded. You will marry Irene! I continued to argue with my father about the situation not realizing how much time has passed.

Namjoon: But father-

Mother: Your parents would be so proud of you Y/n. They were smiling at each other.

Namjoon: I see you two are getting along. I smiled.

Mother: She's amazing, she would make a wonderful wife. My eyes lit up.

Y/n: Thank you, that means a lot Mrs. Kim.

Mother: Please call me Rhirannonah.