Let's Move In Together

It was a clear night. Most people were asleep by now, with the exception of a select few, who were up late for various reasons. One of these reasons included watching a movie, which is what two such people were doing. Nia Nal, and her boyfriend Querl Dox, Brainiac 5, or Brainy, as everyone always called him, were curled up on her sofa in front of the TV screen, watching the fourth Star Wars movie. Of course, Brainy had protested when she put on the fourth one first, since logically, they should be watching the movies in order. Nia insisted, saying that the proper way was to watch it fourth first, then five, then one, two, three, and then six. Although Brainy couldn't understand why, he didn't argue, so now they were watching Star Wars: A New Hope, snuggling under a blanket Nia had brought from her room. Brainy's arm was wrapped around her protectively, and Nia couldn't be happier.

That is, until Brainy started to criticize every single goddamn thing in the movie.

"How are they not getting hit by any of the blasts?"

"They went in opposing directions, how do they still end up together?"

"Oh, how convenient that that droid just so happens to break down at that moment."

"Wait, didn't he just say he didn't want that one?"

"That is not subtle, at all."

"Wha- his aunt and uncle were just killed! How is he not more upset by this?!"

And on it went. Nia frowned at every criticism, until finally, she had had enough. She said the first thing that came to mind, if only to shut him up:

"Let's move in together."

Brainy's mouth snapped shut. Nia's eyes widened when she realised what she had just suggested. Well, at least it shut him up.

"W- what?" was all Brainy managed to stammer out.

"Let's move in together." she said again. The more she thought about it, the more it made sense to her. They had been dating for quite some time now, and although her roommate was nice and all, she could just be so... extra sometimes. Plus, she didn't know Nia was an alien. Or that Brainy was one. She was honestly just terrified of what her roommate might think of her if she ever found out. If they moved in together, she wouldn't have that problem. Plus, you know, she loved Brainy and wanted to wake up next to him. That too.

Brainy was making stammery noises that sounded a lot like Internet dial up noises. Nia started to worry. Did she scare him? He was half computer after all, what if he physically couldn't process this information? What if she broke him?! What if-

"Y- yes." Brainy said, finally. "Let's, uh, let's do that."

Nia lifted her head off of his shoulder to stare at him. "Are you sure? That wasn't too forward, was it? I just feel like we're ready for that, and, honestly I just really want to get out of this apartment already-" She was cut off when he placed a finger on her lips. She looked up at him, and he was smiling at her.

"It's alright, Nia," he said. "I was just... surprised, is all. I never thought our relationship would progress so much, mainly because I thought you would never want to be with me, in that way. But I'm ready as well. I do want to move in with you, Nia Nal."

Nia smiled back. "You know, when you want to, you can be really great with words." She pressed her lips on his, and they kissed while the movie played in the background. When she pulled away, she smirked at him.

"But you have got to stop commenting on every little thing on screen, it's really annoying."