㈧ | Lie

World n°1

Jungkook was afraid of what Jimin would say, of being so cruelly rejected, and of harsh words bouncing off the walls of his ears, yet he didn't expect that type of respond.. total silence.

It was so silent that it felt loud. The silence was loud and heavy that he could hear his own heart beating, the air getting thicker and the wind stopping in its tracks, suffocating him, his own breaths ragging as if replacing the wind’s blows.

Jimin didn't move an inch, didn't say a word, didn't even look at him. The silence turned his hope to shreds, tore his heart apart. Why would Jimin be so cruel and not even utter a word?

If anything, it was as if he hadn't just confessed his love to him, as if nothing happened at all, as if he was speaking to a status or a wall, and when he dared looking onto Jimin's eyes, there was nothing in there either, just total blankness.

He thought that maybe he shouldn't have confessed, that maybe he should've just sat there alone hurting until he died. It was better than this, it was the cruelest way he was ever rejected, or maybe he just loved Jimin so much that everything practically hurt, but he felt tears welling up the corner of his eyes anyways and he doubted that he could stop them.

“Sorry,” Jungkook muttered. “Sorry but I can't help it.”

Jimin raised his face to lock eyes with him, movement so languid but so strong Jungkook felt as if pushed a thousand mile away, as if thrown all the way to space and out of the galaxy.

The glare was so sharp he felt it cutting through his skin, blinding him. Jimin was an inch away but he felt further than the furthest star, as far as the border of the universe.

Jungkook used to see stars in Jimin's eyes but now there was only ice meteors instead. Jimin wasn't a star anymore. Jimin was a black hole and Jungkook had no gravity, literally. Maybe that was why he fell so hard.

“Why you must be so stupid?” Jimin asked, his eyebrows raising with his words and his face contorting in disgust, but it didn't even seem as a question. It seemed as if he was simply stating a statement. A very heartless one that Jungkook had felt his blood run cold, that his heart had skipped a beat.

Maybe Jimin hated him, he always seemed as if he was walking around eggshells whenever around him. Jungkook thought it was the way Jimin was, so careful and meticulous at all times, but he was wrong.

Jimin was like that only around him and he never asked why but maybe he hated him. At least at the moment, it felt as if he hated him. “I don't want to see your face again. Get out of my sight!”

Jungkook was wide-eyed, but not surprised. He had felt it coming. He wanted to turn back time. Turn it and not confess. He couldn't possibly survive if he couldn't see Jimin. Jimin was the reason he was alive, the reason he kept on living just as well. The reason he didn't want to live anymore now either.

“I said I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said it, I'm sorry.” Jungkook begged, Jimin turning around indifferently to close the door in his face but Jungkook caught the heavy wood before shutting close, eyes watery and his face pained. “Please forgive me hyung.”

Jimin's eyes weren't blank anymore, they were ruthless and cold instead. But he still didn't resist Jungkook pushing back the door, the latter opening back again without Jimin objecting in any way.