(十二) | Cypher

World n°1

“What?” Taehyung muttered, his eyes were as wide as saucers, his mouth agape with shock, and his eyebrows furrowed. Jimin felt that he was basically being scrutinized with how intense Taehyung's glare was. He had no idea where he was going with his speech, but he continued nevertheless.

“There is another world, and I somehow can go to it. What happens there happens here, it is almost the same.” Jimin explained and Taehyung’s scrutinizing glare became even more critical and incredulous.

His eyebrow raised in disbelief, as he shook his head questioningly. Without even saying anything yet, Jimin realized with nothing but a look on Taehyung's face that the latter thought that he was completely out of his mind. “I know it's unbelievable, I wouldn't believe myself too, but it's the truth Taehyung...  Worlds other than our own do really exist.”

“What exactly is this kind of insanity you're blabbering about, Jimin?” Taehyung asked and he didn't only seem washed away with disbelief, but he seemed also offended.

Jimin had no idea how to prove it to him, he knew he was the only one who could move between the two worlds. And judging from how Taehyung was looking at him, Jimin knew he'd ask for a proof real soon, and Jimin wanted to avoid it, wished to just turn back time and not say anything at all.

But it was already too late, and there was no other option but going all the way. “Don't tell me that your best judgement was based on this stupid fucking mockery, for it'd be truly disheartening, mind you.”

Jimin was truly speechless at the moment, as he stared into Taehyung's vexatious face, and the latter took his silence as confirmation.

Jimin almost felt dumb for thoughtlessly telling him the way he did, for the latter looked at him as if he transgressed a universal law, as if he questioned all of his capacities, competence and even sanity.

Jimin knew he'd only make a fool out of himself if he said it was exactly what he based his judgment on, that it was exactly what Taehyung was saying. But Taehyung knew already even when Jimin didn't explicitly state it.

“I don't wish to speak about this anym-”

“About how highly delusional you are?” Taehyung interjected as he shifted his gaze to stare straight into Jimin's eyes, which if anything, were almost watery, with shock or hurt, who knew? Even Jimin himself couldn't pinpoint what he was exactly feeling, but his chest felt as if it was burning, and it felt on the verge of exploding with how much it hurt him.

Taehyung didn't seem to care at all at the current moment as he just shot him a merciless glare. “First step for solving an issue is admitting it does really exist, that's your own words. And you, babe, have serious issues.”

“Whatever you say.” Jimin dismissed him, with not even a trial of defence. For he believed that he wouldn't be able to get Taehyung to realize he wasn't delusional even if he tried, so what was the point of making such an attempt?

Even if his words were nothing but mere illusions to Taehyung, Jimin believed they were reality, and he swore against the lump of tears in his throat to act upon what he thought was correct no matter what Taehyung said.

Jimin was feeling so vulnerable at the moment, being ridiculed for the very thing that was the reason of all his misery, by his own lover, no less, by the very one he was trying to save.