Becoming The Mask

Knock Out woke up the next day with a helmache. He slowly got off the berth after seeing he was still in the cell but was currently alone.

So he started looking for a way out. But couldn't find one.

"Scrap." He thought as he set down on the berth in defeat. He was worried about what Masquerade might be doing to his friends while disguised as him.

He had to figure out a way to escape but didn't know how. There was no way out of his cell without a key that Flamewar had taken with her. So he was trapped. So he just laid back down on the berth and looked at the ceiling.
_                                                                      

Meanwhile at the Autobot base Masquerade was pretending to be Knock Out and so far everyone had bought it.

He and Ratchet were currently cleaning the medbay and Masquerade saw the medic had his back to him working on something. So decided to take advantage of the opportunity and end him.

He grabbed a wrench that he was going to hit him with. But just when he was had picked up the wrench Ratchet turned around the took it from him.

"Thanks I needed that." Ratchet told him as he used the wrench on the piece of equipment he was fixing. Thinking he was just handing it to him and not knowing he'd been planning to hit him.

"Now go take a break and race or something you've more then earned it." The medic added.

"I do think I'll go see what the other are doing." Said Knock Out (Masquerade) as he left the medbay. "So much for offling the medic." He thought deciding not to risk blowing his cover.

Then he ran into Smokescreen who challenged him to a race. Which he accepted knowing Knock Out would being velocitronian. They never turn down a race. So he agreed to race the Autobot.
_                                                                       

They went out to where there was a track.

Masquerade noticed there were other bots in the area because the track they were using was a public place so he couldn't try to kill Smokescreen right now because there were to many witnesses. And he didn't want to blow his cover yet.

So he raced him for several laps and was getting tired because he was just pretending to be a velocitronian and wasn't used to racing. But had to keep up the appearance of being a racer.

And accidentally went off the track and crashed into the wall of a near by building. Smokescreen rushed over to see if he was ok. Masquerade still stayed in Knock Out's shape much to his relief.

"Are you ok that was quite a crash you just had?" Smokescreen asked him concerned.

"Yes I'm fine." Knock Out (Masquerade) answered him.

"Oh man your finish." Smokescreen said noticing some silver marks on his chestplates where his paint had been chipped off.

"Don't worry I'll help you fix it." Smokescreen offered.

"Don't worry it's only a scratch." Knock Out (Masquerade) told him.

"Oh no you must have hit your helm." Cried Smokescreen. "I'm taking you to Ratchet to be checked out."

Then Masquerade panic and ran off before Smokescreen knew what happened.

Then Starscream show up and asked why Knock Out ran off in such a hurry. And Smokescreen told him what happened.

"I'll go talk to him." Said Starscream knowing something was wrong but not wanting to say anything until he was sure.

"Ok and please get him to go to Ratchet I think he might have gotten some processor damage in that crash." Smokescreen told him.

"Don't worry I'll take care of him." Starscream said as he transformed and flew after the red sports car.

Then stopped when he found him near a cliff.

"Knock Out come back to base Breakdown is worried about you." Starscream told the Austin Martin.

"Tell him I'll be back in a bit." Came the reply.

"I can't because he's been dead since the war." Starscream said to him. "If you were really Knock Out you would know that because he was your best friend."

The seeker had caught Masquerade off guard he didn't know who Breakdown was.

"So you found me out." Masquerade told Starscream taking his true form. "Clever seeker aren't you."

"What did you do with Knock Out?" Starscream asked him. And there was no missing the anger in the seeker's voice. "If you've hurt him!"

"You'll do what?" Masquerade baited the seeker. "You'll never find your friend he's dead."

"No!" Starscream cried as he tackled Masquerade in a fit of rage.

Masquerade had lied hoping the seeker would lash out at him which Starscream was doing. And Masquerade used the opportunity to stab him in the wing and was now trying to push him off the cliff.

But Starscream was putting up a better fight the the shape shifter thought he would. And both mechs ended up falling off the cliff. And hit the ground hard.

But then both staggered to their peds and continued to fight each other.

Then they heard something coming from a cave that was behind them and were both horrified to see they had disturbed a nest of scraplets that went after them seeing their next meal.

Both mechs started running as the scraplets continued to chase and bite at them. The Masquerade tripped and several of them swarmed him.

He knew this was the end but suddenly looked up to see a few of the get shot and blown up by missiles.

Then Starscream ran over and started dragging him to safety. Masquerade couldn't believe it the seeker was trying to save him.

After everything he had done and even telling him he kill his friend he was still attempting to save him from being eaten by scraplets.

But Starscream was now receiving serious damage as well as the scraplets continued to swarm and bite both mechs.

Just then several shots came from behind them and killed some more of the scraplets.

Starscream looked to see Optimus, Megatron and Bumblebee who were now shooting the scraplets.

Optimus ran over and got both Starscream and Masquerade and rushed them through a ground bridge back to the Autobot base and Bumblebee and Megatron came through right behind them.

Then Optimus took both injured mechs to the medbay. Where Ratchet got to work treating the two of them.

Masquerade still couldn't believe the seeker had tried to save him. He felt touched that someone he had just fought with and told him he had killed his friend just to hurt and bait him had actually risk his spark to save his.

No one had ever done that before and he didn't understand it. Masquerade slipped into recharge as Ratchet treated his and Starscream's injuries.

To Be Continued.

Another chapter for you guys. I'll try to update this and my other stories soon in the meantime feel free to send feedback.