Chapter 4

"Qi Hua... That lady..." Rui Yue's word stopped, as he looked at the bed.

"Ah, Rui Yue, you're here. Has the servants get the physician? I found this lady lying by the tree trunk unconscious. She had woke up for a while before fell unconscious again. So, I brought her back." Qi Hua explained as he looked at bed.

"You didn't get hurt, do you?" Rui Yue looked Qi Hua.

Qi Hua smiled. "No, I didn't..."

"Really?" Rui Yue asked as he walked closer and inspected Qi Hua from head to toe, from left to right.

Qi Hua laughed in mirth. "Stop appraising me as if I'm a dog or something." He touched Rui Yue's nose.

"I'm fine... See..." Qi Hua turned one round in front of Rui Yue.

Rui Yue sighed in relieve. "I'm glad. We can't have you hurt. You are the Great Imperial General, the man who will lead the troop to victory."

Qi Hua smiled gently. "As great I am, I still need you by my side to obtain the absolute victory in the future."

Rui Yue smiled. "Qi Hua, don't worry. Whatever happen, I will always be there for you, and support you."

"That's good. If you dare to break this promise..." Qi Hua let his threat hang on. He smiled and lightly pinched Rui Yue's nose. "I will definitely punish you."

Rui Yue laughed lightly and knocked Qi Hua's hand gently before touching his own nose. The warmth from Qi Hua's finger lingered and warmed his heart. "Don't worry. That day will never come."

After a minute, the physician arrived and examined the lady. The physician explained that the lady just suffered from external injuries and nothing was serious. Rui Yue watched Qi Hua thanked the physician. Once the servant escorted the physician out from the room, Rui Yue stood there watching Qi Hua adjusted the quilt that was draped on the lady's body.

Unconsciously, he gripped the clothes near to his heart. His heart clenched at the sight of Qi Hua taking care of the lady carefully. When he realized what was happening, he immediately put down his hand and shook his head. He needed to calm himself down.

"I... I just realized that there is other matter I need to do. So, I don't want to disturb you anymore. The hunt must have worn you out too. Get a good rest, Qi Hua. I...I'm leaving" Rui Yue said hastily.

"Huh? Oh... okay." Qi Hua replied.

Rui Yue quickly dashed out and once he exited from Crimson Rain Pavilion, he walked slowly back to his Red Snow Pavilion. Once he got into his bedchamber, he slides the door of his bedchamber slowly. His hand gripped on the wood frame tightly, frowning at himself.

"She is injured. Of course Qi Hua has to help her. Get a grip of yourself, Rui Yue. Don't think so much." Rui Yue chided himself over the horrible feeling that he felt earlier.

But what he didn't know, from then onward, it was no longer the same. The lady that Qi Hua brought back regained consciousness the next day. Rui Yue had gone to visit her when she just woke up. Qi Hua was there too. She introduced herself as Qing Yao. After Qing Yao had woke up, Qi Hua had arranged her to stay in one of the guestrooms.

When Qi Hua told Rui Yue that Qing Yao will be staying with them from that day onward, there was an unspeakable sadness in Rui Yue's heart. But Rui Yue squashed it down. It was Qi Hua's mansion after all. So of course, he can decide whoever that are allowed to stay there. Rui Yue just smiled at Qi Hua after Qi Hua informed him.