Chapter 24

Rui Yue was in disbelieve state as he looked at the diary that had fallen on the floor. After a while, he wiped off his tears and scrambled to his feet. He rushed to the living room and grabbed the car key before went out. He drove to a high-end luxury housing area. He stopped in front of a gated Italian styled house and got down from the car. He walked toward the intercom and pressed it.

He spoke to the intercom and slowly the enormous gate opened and Rui Yue drove his car into the house. He was greeted by the butler of the house upon arrival at the main door.

"Uncle Shen..."

"Young Master Xie, old master is already waiting at the study room, please follow me."

The butler who was in his fifties bowed to Rui Yue slightly as he greeted him. The butler brought Rui Yue to the second floor of the house and they walked a few steps before stopped in front of a door. The butler knocked the door twice.

"Come in"

Upon hearing the occupant of the room had granted the permission to enter the room, the butler opened the door and greeted the master of the house. The master of the house was in his early fifties, same age as his own father. He looked at Rui Yue and smiled kindly. When he smiled the crowfeet appeared making him look slightly older.

"Uncle Teng."

"Rui Yue, you're here? Come and have a seat"

Teng Yi Liang got up from the swivel chair and walked away from his oak desk. He sat at the leather sofa and gestured him to sit down. Rui Yue then took a seat across him and took a look at the room. Teng Yi Liang was a book lover and it seems that he renovated the study room to expand the room so that he can keep more books. All the books were arranged neatly in the shelves.

"It had been a while since you last came. So how are you lately?"

Teng Yi Liang started the conversation. The butler came in bearing a tray of teas. Once he set the tea down, he bowed slightly and left.

"Uncle Teng, let's set that aside for a while. I... have something to ask you..."

Rui Yue started to speak slowly. Teng Yi Liang smiled. He knew this child will not come and visit him without reason.

"Do ask." Teng Yi Liang said as he picked up the tea cup and took a sip of the tea.

"It was about... father..." Rui Yue said softy. Teng Yi Liang looked at Rui Yue, the tea cup remained in his hand.

"About Yuan Ting?" Teng Yi Liang was astonished.

'Why would Rui Yue want to ask about his own father?'

He thought silently as he put the tea cup down on the tempered glass table slowly.

"Uncle Teng... you're my father best friend and was working together with him since he first established his own company, so you must have known how Qi Tian was established too, don't you?"

Teng Yi Liang's face turned taut and serious when he heard the question asked by Rui Yue. But he quickly recomposed himself and asked in a leisure manner.

"Why are you asking that now? I've left Qi Tian more than 10 years ago, a lot of things I've forgotten. I may not be able to answer you on what you want to know..."

He picked up the tea cup, gripping it slightly and took a sip.

"No, Uncle Teng, please tell me..." Rui Yue trailed off

"My father... My father, he... he really did underhanded things to get Feng Long Group?" Rui Yue asked.

Teng Yi Liang remained silent. 'So, it was about this... He knew...'