Chapter 11

Rui Yue stood in front of the bed made from grasses. On the grass bed lied two figures and the flowers were scattered around these two figures. The two person who was lying on the grass bed clad in new clothes and their eyes were close, giving off the impression that they seem to be sleeping. But on a closer look, these two figures were not breathing.

Rui Yue watched these two figures that he knew since he was born emotionlessly. Yes. These two-person lying there were none other than his parents. There were no tears, no emotion that were displayed on his face. Nothing at all. He only stood there quietly watching the shaman performed the ritual for the dead. Xie Wen and Su Yun were buried according to Xue tribe.

Rui Yue did not shed a single tear at all during the whole funeral procession. He was too shocked and numbed by the death of his parents that he couldn't cried. Yun Shao crouched down and hugged Rui Yue tight. He knew that Rui Yue was too shocked and deep down in his heart he feels sad for this poor child.

Yun Shao looked at the child on the eyes. "Don't worry, Yue Er, you have me and Qi Hua and everyone. We all will take care and love you like our own. Don't be too sad, okay?" He said softly and gently to Rui Yue.

But Rui Yue just looked at him emotionlessly and he begun to feel worry for this child. He then had Qi Hua to bring Rui Yue back to their home. Rui Yue followed Qi Hua wordlessly. Yun Shao looked at Rui Yue's back in sadness. He turned to look at the sky. Silently whispered a vow.

"Xie Wen, Su Yun, don't worry about Yue Er, I will treat him like my own son. Please rest assure and... rest in peace." Yun Shao looked down.

He couldn't help but to shed tears, mourning over the loss of his kind hearted friends. Back then, the Qingli tribe got caught in famine and food was scarce. A lot of people died including Yun Shao's parents. Having no choice, Yun Shao and the survivors left the village after buried all the dead bodies.

Yun Shao was just 15 years old at that time. They left the village and camped in a cave. Food was hard to find. Some of the survivors fall sick and he was desperate to help the survivors. He too had fall sick. But for the sake of the villagers, he pushed himself to try to find a better place to settle down and food for them.

It was then he met Xie Wen. Xie Wen found him unconscious under the tree. Xie Wen was hunting at that time. Xie Wen hauled him to a nearby shelter and nursed him back to health. Xie Wen had never said anything about his identity at that time. He only told Yun Shao that he was a wanderer, a homeless man.

When Xie Wen had learned about Yun Shao's situation, he helped them by suggested to Yun Shao a new place to settle down. Not only that, Xie Wen also gave him a bag of seeds to plant some vegetables afterward. Xie Wen also brought a small flock of sheep. Yun Shao had always wondered where did Xie Wen gotten these resources from.

Not long after that, Yun Shao finally knew Xie Wen's identity during one of the tribe leader's meeting. He then knew that the seeds and the sheep were from Xie Wen's own house. Because of that, Yun Shao forever feel gratitude toward Xie Wen and his kindness.

That night, Rui Yue did not have any dinner and he went to sleep early. He dreamt about his parents and he cried in his sleep. The next morning, Yun Shao and Qi Hua found Rui Yue was on a high fever. Rui Yue remain unconscious and cried in his sleep for a week. After a week, his fever had finally receded.

But sadly, Rui Yue woke up with no recollection of his parents. Yun Shao was told by the healer that the death of Xie Wen and Su Yun probably dealt a huge blow on Rui Yue and it was so painful that Rui Yue unconsciously choose to block and forget it.