The Truth Untold - Taehyung (V) One-Shot

*Ring Ring*
I rolled (quite literally) out of bed to check my phone. Who could be calling me at 5 am in the morning? I wondered to myself.

I looked at the screen. Taehyung. He always calls when he has relationship problems.

I finally picked up after getting the wedgie out between my ass cheeks.

"What's up?" I answered sleepily.

"Y/N! I'm so happy to hear your voice. Can we hang out after lab today so we can talk?"

"Sure, see you later." I clicked the phone off with my chubby fingers and jump back in bed, shaking the mattress.

A single teardrop falls down my chubby cheeks as I cry myself back to sleep. It sucks that I will never have the man of my dreams.

I met Taehyung last year during my first semester of college. He sat behind me in chemistry lecture and whenever I'd bring snacks, he'd waft the scent of it to his nose until I'd offer him some of my garlic and anchovy flatbread. He also liked to cheat off my exams, but I didn't mind. I got lost in those beautiful eyes of his, I felt butterflies in my digestive tract whenever I'd hear his voice and my hands tingled when he brushed mine on accident while trying to move my scantron better into his view. Since then, we've become inseparable best friends. The only problem is, as time passes, we grow apart. Because of his charming good looks, girls are all over him and sometimes I think he forgets that I even exist.

Chemistry lab starts at 9 am, so I decide I can comfortably sleep in until 8:45 and sprint as fast as my chubby legs can carry me to our lab room.

When my alarm rings, I throw my covers off, throw on some worn out size 10 Heelys that I sprayed down with Febreeze and took the elevator downstairs.  I popped out the wheels on my shoes and rollerbladed down the street to school. I narrowly avoided knocking down an old man who was limping, ran past the stairs and took the elevator up to floor 2.

8:59. Perfect timing.

Taehyung was in his usual spot at our lab bench. We were always partners every week, except sometimes when he was upset I'd do all the work for him so he could calm down. He was dressed in a sleek black bomber, cream colored button down, skinny black jeans and yeezys. His hair was colored blue today and had a nice healthy sheen to it. I looked down at my outfit: shamrock pajama pants (in October), my dad's championship pie eating contest shirt, rainbow toe socks and my worn out Heelys. My hair also looked like a birds nest and my glasses had fingerprints all over the lenses. No wonder he doesn't like me, I thought to myself. Oh well, I'm a college student. Who even gets dressed to go to class anyway? I already made enough of an effort by shaving my armpits last week.

"Hey Y/N!" Taehyung greeted me with a weary smile on his perfect face. "You look beautiful today."

"Thanks," I blushed, hoping he didn't notice. He always does this, but I think it's out of pity.

I forgot that we had a substitute instructor today. The man I almost knocked down outside walked into the classroom huffing and puffing, glaring at me as he sets his briefcase down.

This is going to be a fun lab.

~

"Taehyung, the instructions say to add the mixture to the beaker slowly- not to pretend you're at a mixer and slow dance with the beaker," I shake my head. Taehyung, being an all around talent in the artistic department knows how to sing and dance, but does not understand chemistry very well.

"Ahem. Young man, are those shoes appropriate for the lab environment?" Our instructor asks while looking at Taehyung's yeezys.

"Um, they are closed toe shoes, sir," he replies, trying to cover up the side of his right sneaker.