Awake - Jin One-Shot

As requested by @jemiasvu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/N, what's the special occasion again?" My boyfriend Matt asked in confusion as he got into my truck passenger seat.

Me, on the verge of a mental chubby crisis, spent the last month planning for today: our 2 and a half month anniversary. 2 and a half months since Matt asked me to be his wide fit queen... well actually maybe he just asked what I wanted off the 2 for $5 menu at Wendy's (which was spicy nuggets and a chicken sandwich, hold the vegetables with extra mayo, by the way). But that question was enough to make a girl like me fall in love.

I raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you forgetting something important we are celebrating today, Matt?" Even though he wasn't the best boyfriend at times and forgot all of our relationship milestones, we tried to make it work.

"Umm... you found a bag of Cheetos in the back of the pantry again?" He asked, confused.

"No! And that was what we celebrated last weekend," I face palmed. "I booked us a nice dinner at the 5 star restaurant, The Silver Spoon, tonight for our anniversary."

"Oh the one owned by Michelin Star chef, Jackson Wang?"

"Yes, that one," I sighed. I had told Matt to dress nice today for our reservation when I picked him up for our date. I took my white pick up truck for a car wash to make the date extra special and put on my favorite Steve Madden heels for our date. Once I finally got Matt to come out of his apartment, he was wearing a stained tuxedo tee shirt and his favorite sock and sandal combination. They weren't even his clean pair of sandals either; they had a strong odor that I could smell from a distance away.

 They weren't even his clean pair of sandals either; they had a strong odor that I could smell from a distance away

"Maybe you should've worn different shoes," I added gently. The smell was unbearable.

"Well, maybe you should've worn a different outfit. That one shows all your blubber. A whale would look better in that," he rolled his eyes and looked the other way. My eyes pricked with tears, but I held them back. He knew my weight was a sensitive topic but liked to throw it at me when we had disagreements. I always pretended it wasn't a big deal and shrugged it off.

The rest of the car ride we spent in silence until Matt connected his Bluetooth to the car audio and started blaring "Hey Soul Sister" by Train and singing at the top of his lungs. He knows I hate that song.

We pulled in front of the restaurant and I handed my keys to the valet. "Be careful with my car. Don't get any dents in her," I warned the valet. He looked at the duct tape holding my car mirrors in place before giving me a confused look and nodding his head.
~~~~

We walked up to the host once we got inside the restaurant.

"Reservation under Y/N," I tell the hostess politely.