IV

3 missed calls , 12 new messages - Melanie . 
Melanie is Albins girlfriend. I reach my phone and call her back after class. She usually never calls me , I hope everything is okay.

*beeep* *Beeeep* *beeep*

I hate the annoying sound that you hear while calling someone , it makes me want to end the call.

"Elizabeth! I'm glad you called back! I need to tell you something! Can you come to our house after classes? It's really important to me."

She seems really excited. Her thick Australian accents makes me want to giggle a little bit every time we talk. I like Albins girlfriend, she is really confusing sometimes but yet she is really kind and helpful.

"Of course I will come. But is everything alright? Is something going on?" I ask obviously worried.

I am worried because she usually doesn't spam my phone with messages and calls. Albin is sick so I thought that something is wrong with him. I just hope she won't tell me that they will move away or anything.

*Melanie , can you pick me up from campus in an hour ? I forgot that Albi is sick and that nobody will drive me to your house , I mean Ioan did in the morning today but I really don't want to ask him again. :)*

I texted Melanie because I really want to pass on talking to Ioan today. I mean I really would like to be friends with him again , but I am not ready.

*sure , you can always count on me , just like I can count on you!;)*

I sigh in relief. If she wouldn't pick me up I would have to walk there.

I am really nervous about what Melanie will tell me at their house. I see her car pulling up the campus parking lot. I am happy to see that she is okay. She is looking over the moon.

"Hey Lizzy" she smiles at me and gives me a hug , which she usually never does , to anyone.

I am really confused.

"Hey Mel , what happened you are looking so happy" I smile back at her but yet give her a confused look.

She doesn't say anything yet. She asked me about school and that's it. Wow.

I arrived at her and Albins big house. I am getting really nervous, what is she going to tell me ? What happened ? I'm confused.

Their house is amazing, the glass walls In the living room, the black and white tile floor, the all white decorations and the leather details all over the house. It looks like in a catalogue.

I step in trough the door and see that Albin is crying and smiling at the same time. I don't know what to do or say. I look at the small coffee table and I see a pregnancy test.

Oh - my - god.

This is not happening,  is it ?

I didn't think about it for a long time and tears start flooding my cheeks. I am so happy for them. It's actually more than just the baby for me.

Melanie had cancer years ago , she survived but she was told that she couldn't ever get a baby. She was diagnosed when she was 13 years old. She never used protection, because she thought she couldn't ever get pregnant. She always wanted to , the baby definitely isn't an accident, but yet it's so confusing.

I can't believe it.

"I am so happy for you , i still don't know what to say. I always knew that you are going to get what you want. God saw you two." I say and I mean it. I know that they both are really religious. Their connection to god is amazing.
I wish I was so committed.

Albin gives me a hug and I feel his relief and his salty tears cross my shoulders.

„you are going to be an amazing aunt."

This is so much for me but yet I am so happy. Excitement literally runs trough my bloodline. They are an amazing couple. But what about marriage? Will they marry? Will the baby speak Albanian like Albin or Russian like Melanie? Is it going to grow up here or are they going to move? I am so shook. All those questions flood my mind and my heart start racing.

I also would love to have a baby , but first I would need to have a boyfriend. I am getting older and my time runs up. I still am stuck on one guy , who doesn't even like me back.

It's so humiliating that i told him what i felt for him when I was drunk and desperate. I made him cheat on his girlfriend with me , I am disgusted. I don't know why we did it , why he even let me. It started with a kiss and went far from that. From the cherry flavoured kiss , to the long night we spend with each other.

————————
I'm posting this as my entry for the wattys !! Wish me luck :) #wattys2019