⎡ 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕖𝕟 ⎦

I let myself walk down the halls of the plane. It was nothing that I was used to. Clearly Bryn shared my wonder and at the same time, anxiety which I later thought of as normal seeing as Bryn had a fear of nearly everything.

    My stomach growled and I glanced at Bryn who smiled back in a way that was both teasing and comforting if you could imagine such a thing. Nick laughed and gently grabbed my hand and Bryn's before running down the hall. I had no idea where he was taking us, our bodies moving not in sync but in a way that still worked despite our height and body differences. I let myself be spun around from left to right and to let go of Nick's hand as other passengers wandered past.

    Finally it all made sense. I felt Nick's excited energy as he entered a new cabin that made me feel like I had died and gone to heaven.

    The cabin was beautiful as our room was. It had tables cemented to the floors with beautiful long, white table clothes, beautiful gold inscriptions and emblems decorating the corners.

    I saw tables with plates upon plates of continental breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks and even desserts. My mouth water as my senses were suddenly overloaded with the intricate and delicate scents of the different cuisines and meals that had been prepared for our long flight.

    I wandered over to the breakfast table, Bryn and I's time at the bakery long forgotten. The table held stacks of fruit platters that had decorative flowers and leaves scattered around. To the left of the platters were piles of golden toast and cereal. To the right of the fruit platter were eggs and bacon and I forced myself to hold it together. That for once, I was in a luxury plane with actual food that wasn't just nuts that I had to salvage for the entire flight.

    The lunch and dinner tables were like they're own type of buffet. I saw Bryn's eyes hungrily look at the tables but hesitate as if she wasn't sure if she could eat any of it. I noticed the sweet smell of pasta and I saw Bryn's mouth droop into a relaxed smile that I expect was mirrored on my face although more goofy. Nick made a bee-line to what looked like potatoes and assorted vegetables and I smiled, shaking my head. He reminded me so much of Kienai; someone who had lived for the life of health. Bryn grabbed my arm with a force I knew I would never have been able to counter.

    I had always admired her love for food but there were times it scared me. I watched sadly as she drew me away from the tables that held caesar salad and roasted potatoes as she pulled me towards the table with tortilla shells and vegetable fillings. Grabbing three shells, she set herself to work, casually beginning a pile of food I knew she wouldn't eat onto her plate. I wandered back to the lunch and dinner table, grabbing a cracker and a cheese stick to help me decide what table I would live by for the next few hours.

    The dessert bar was too inviting for me to resist any longer. I carefully weaved past people although they moved out of my way easily enough. I suspect I had a look of firm and almost unhinged desperation on face which was probably why.

    I stopped in front of the table, Bryn gasping a couple feet away before bringing her tower of food towards the table. I wiped an imaginary tear away as Bryn stood next to me.

    "It's beautiful," I whispered in a dramatic tone. Bryn laughed.

    "I bet I can stack more food than you can!" I looked at her dead in the eye, a slow smile creeping over me.

    "You're on!" I lunged for the cakes. They sat on beautifully decorated columns. Large cakes lined the table while cupcakes, cookies, cheesecakes, croissants and chocolate dipped strawberries and cakepops lined the cake stands. I heard Bryn laughing as she continued her carefully crafted stack of edibles while my pile seemed to be leaning dangerously to one side.