Chapter 2: Hello, Mum

Night Butterfly walked deep in the Echo Creek forest with her suitcase floating along behind her.

  Night had felt so betrayed the day her parents had announced that she wasn't their daughter when she was 14.

  Even then, she never shunned her temporarily adopted parents for they had taken good care of her even when they knew she wasn't their daughter. She was very grateful for that.

  "Night? Is that you?" Moon Butterfly called out. She was standing behind Night in shock.

  Night turned around. Tears were swelling in her eyes as soon as she saw her mother, real mother.

  "Are you... Moon Butterfly?" Night asked Moon.

  "Indeed, I am. Are you Night Butterfly?" Moon answered then asked.

  "I am. So, you really are my mother?" Night answered then asked.

  "Yes. Night, I'm so sorry if you're angry with me. I had to give you away. Remember the battle of Mewni? It was foretold that you would die in that battle. Toffee would've killed you if you were here," Moon explained to her daughter with tears streaming down her eyes. 

  "I know, Mum. I know. Acacia told me everything from A to Z," Night said dismissed with a small teary eyed smile.

  "Acacia and James told me on my 14th birthday. They explained everything to me that day. Ever since then, I had wished so much to meet you and dad. My real dad," Night explained.

  "I see. Shall we... Greet each other properly?" Moon asked her daughter with a small smile. Though the moment was quite awkward the omnipresent feeling of longing of a mother and child was in the air.

  "Hello, Night," Moon greeted with a small happy and find smile.

  "Hello, Mum,"