Chapter 1: The Nightmare!

ADAM'S POV:

I bolted upright in bed with a gasp, sweating! I immediately looked over at my husband Sauli out of habit, who was still sleeping peacefully next to me. I let out a sigh. Another nightmare. I'd been having one every night for the last few weeks. It was the same thing every night, although every time there was another new detail. It felt so real and it woke me up every night. I looked at the alarm clock, which said 3 am. I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep after that, not that I wanted to try. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and placed my feet on the carpet. I put my face in my hands and felt tears streaming down my face. I didn't even realize I was crying in the first place. Just then, I felt the bed move as Sauli sat up and put his arms around my shoulders as I knew he would.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asked in a worried voice. "Another nightmare?"

I didn't trust myself to speak, so I just nodded.

He kissed my neck and placed his chin on my shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked quietly. "It's alright if you don't, I won't push you for details. I just think that you'll feel better if you do tell me."

He asked me this every night, and every night I said no. But tonight was going to be different, because I had a feeling that the dreams would only get worse if I didn't tell him.

"Actually, I agree." I said in a shaky voice, looking at him. "I would have told you the first night, but to be honest, I was scared that you would judge me and call me crazy."

Sauli looked at me with wide, shocked eyes.

"Adam, you know I would never do anything like that." He said, shaking his head at me. "Why would you think otherwise?"

"I-I don't know." I said truthfully, trying to stop the tears still, "I'm sorry."

"Oh Adam," He said in a sympathetic tone of voice. "You have nothing to be sorry about. If anyone should be sorry, it's me.

"Why should you be sorry?" I said, "I'm the one who keeps waking you up. It's not the other way around."

"Yes, I know." He agreed while laying down on our bed again and gently pulling me back with him. He positioned me so my head was on his chest and started stroking my hair. He kissed my head. "But I'm sorry I didn't notice how paranoid you were getting after each nightmare. Well, I noticed, but I was too naive to do anything about it. You've been very jumpy. You look worried and physically sick all the time. You've been looking over your shoulder a lot more than you used to. Trust me, I'm not pointing all this out to embarrass you. I'm doing it because I love you and I don't want to see you like this. So why don't you tell me about the dream, and I promise I will never judge you or call you crazy."

I took a deep breath.

"Okay." I whispered as I wrapped my arms around his torso. I took another deep breath and began.

"Well," I said, trying to control the tears still. "It always starts with us arriving at our usual campsite on our yearly trip in Oregon. Then it jumps to our second night there. We were sleeping in our tent until we heard a crash that sounded like someone was breaking into the car through the window. I decide to go investigate, but you're already putting your shirt on and grabbing your flashlight. You tell me to stay in the tent while you go take a look. I try to object, but you shut me up with a kiss. You start to leave, but I tell you to be careful. You smile and promise to stay safe. Then you tell me you love me, you leave, and you zip the tent shut. I listen to your footsteps growing quieter until I don't hear anything for a few minutes. Then, I hear you scream my name. You scream that you need help. Then I hear nothing again. I immediately get up, grab my flashlight, and scramble out of the tent to save you from whatever it was that had you. I get to the area where the car was parked and stop dead in my tracks, because what I saw sent fear coursing through my body. It was a monster that looked exactly like the Wendigo in the season one, episode two of Supernatural. You were unconscious and it was carrying you away from the campsite. I find my voice after a few seconds and yell for it to let you go. It turns around, stares at me for a moment like it's thinking about taking me too, then it turns again and carries you off into the darkness, running faster than I could ever run. But I try to chase after it to get you back. I lose track of where it takes you after a while and I stop to catch my breath, tears streaming down my face. I couldn't believe what just happened. All I could think was I had to save you or die trying. I take another step forward and the ground gives way, sending me falling down a nearly bottomless pit with spikes sticking up from ground below me. I wake up every time I'm just about to be impaled by them."

By the time I'm finished telling Sauli, I was sobbing uncontrollably and he was holding me tighter than he ever had before.

"Oh babe, I had no idea how bad it was getting." He said, and I could tell by his voice cracking that he was trying not to cry as well. He was trying to be strong for me, which I appreciated, but it only made me feel worse. Because I wasn't the one who was carried off by the Wendigo in the dream, he was. "Why did you keep it to yourself for so long?"

"Like I said, I was scared of what you would say." I told my husband, then I realized something.

"Sauli, our trip is in two days!" I said, panicking and starting to hyperventilate and cry again. "What if the dream comes true?! It felt so real! I can't lose you, I just can't!"

"Adam, baby, listen to me!" He said to me, trying to calm me down. "It was just a dream and Wendigo's don't really exist. Nothing will happen to us, I promise. But if you're that scared, we don't have to go this year. We can stay home and just spend time together. Just the two of us. We can even watch our favorite movie, Velvet Goldmine. Just say the word and I'll cancel our trip!"

"No, I still want to go. It's one of our only chances to be alone and pretend we're not famous." I said, determined not to ruin this for us. "We've been going every year for the past four years and we are still going this year. Plus like you said, it was just a dream."

"Well alright, if you insist." My amazing husband said. He was always trying to make me feel better or help me when I needed it. That's one of the things I loved about him. I always tried to return the favor, but he always said I'm perfect the way I am! "Do you want to try and get some sleep now? We have a long day of packing ahead of us, so it would probably be a good idea to attempt it. I'll hold you close to keep the bad dreams away."

I laughed a little and thought about it for a moment and figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Especially since I felt better than I did before I told Sauli everything.

"Sure, that sounds like it would be good." I said as I pulled the blanket back over our bodies. I put my head back on my pillow and felt Sauli wrap his arms around me and pull me closer to him.

"I love you Adam!" I heard him whisper as I felt myself falling asleep again. "So, so much!"

"I love you too Sauli!" I said, happy to have such a loving husband. "So, so much!"

After that, I fell into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

Hi everyone! So this is the first chapter of my Supernatural themed Adam Lambert fan-fiction! Yes, I know I didn't finish the first Adam Lambert book yet, but I had to start this one before I completely forgot about it. Don't worry though, I will be working on both stories. I am not putting either of these books on hold. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this! Remember to vote, comment, and share! Thanks again!
-Alison!!!!